pray you catch me.

Pearl's POV, four days later.

'Fuck this', I said, as I began to stand up from the bed.
Tom, who was sitting next to me, watched as I paced around the room.

'I'm not hiding in here anymore, I didn't do anything wrong', I exclaimed.

'I know', he sighed, 'but it's for your own safety, Pearl.'

I had been locked in the house for the past four days, since the crowd of people lurking outside didn't want to go away.
They swichted from time to time, but they stayed outside morning and night, attacking Bill, Tom and Jocy every time they set foot outside of that gate.
I, on the other hand, had to stay locked in my room, as Tom said, but I was tired of hiding from everyone and everything.

'I'm going out', I said and took a jacket from my closet.

'They won't make it easy', he replied, and stood up as well.

'Then I'll make it even harder for them to follow me', I said.
'Can you give me my car keys back, please?', I stuck my hand out and waited for him to give the keys, but he didn't.

'I'm going with you, and I'm driving', he said, as I grumbled.

'Tom, I need to breathe', I replied, 'and I want to go out, alone.'

He sighed, shaking his head and throwing me the keys.

'Fine then', he said, 'you go out there and forget what I did in order for you to be safe.'

'Tom', I sighed as well, tilting my head back and closing my eyes, 'I'm not forgetting what you did, but I can't stay in here forever.'

'Whatever', he shrugged his shoulders, and walked into the bathroom.

Shaking my head, I got dressed and left the room.
I was thankful for Tom and for what he did for me, but I needed to live, by myself.
I needed to protect myself and defend myself, alone, because he couldn't always be there with me.
I refused to hide for something I didn't do, again.
I spent years of hiding from the world, I couldn't do it anymore.

I waited for Tom to get out of the bathroom, before hugging him from behind, while he was turning the lights off.
I felt his muscles tensing, but once he saw they were my arms wrapped around his back, he relaxed, even if he wasn't talking.

'I'm sorry', I whispered, getting on my tippy toes and resting my chin on his shoulder, 'I'm grateful for what you did for me, I really am.'

He nodded but didn't reply, nor did he hug me back, so I went on.

'I understand that you want to protect me', I said, 'but I don't deserve to be locked up in here like I was the one who did something wrong.
They need to know that I have nothing to hide.'

He finally turned, placing his hands on my arms and resting his forehead against mine.

'What is they ask you what happened?', he said, pointing to the bruises on my face.

'I'll tell them the truth', I said, as I placed my own hands on top of his.

'It's not that easy, and you know it.'

'Alright, then I'll just cover up', I sighed, 'please just let me go, I need to get out of here.'

He stood still and looked at me for a while, but eventually, he agreed.
He made me promise to call him if anything happened, but I wasn't listening anymore.
I put on some clothes, brushed my hair and put makeup on to try and cover a few bruises.
I also put on a pair of sunglasses and a hat that covered half of my face, - I would have covered the other half with my hands.