me vs me.

Pearl's POV

'How long has she been asleep?', I heard Mia whisper to my right, while I still had my eyes closed.

My head was pounding, as I felt my hands getting sweatier and my body heat increasing.

'About 40 minutes at this point', Tom sighed, to my left, while he rubbed my hair with his hand.

I felt Mia crawling closer to me, wrapping my waist with her tiny arm, squeezing me tight.

'She's shaking', she said, caressing the exposed skin on my arm.

'Her skin is burning, are you sure she doesn't have a fever?', Mia said.

I wanted to respond, say something back, reassure them that I was fine, but for some reason I liked the way they were taking care of me, therefore I kept my eyes closed, as I made both Mia and Tom gently cuddle me.

Tom put his hand on my forehead, checking my temperature, before placing a sweet kiss on it.

'No, she's fine. It's probably the drugs that are making her sick', another sigh left his lips.

'Drugs?', Mia shouted, before being shushed by Tom.

'What do you mean drugs?', she whispered.

'She took some Xanax from Bill, apparently she needed it, according to what he said', Tom scoffed.

'Why did she need to take Xanax?', Mia asked, 'she looked fine.'

'Yeah, she looked fine', Tom replied, 'but she's not.'

Mia put her head on my shoulder, squeezing my arm once again.

'I don't understand', she whispered, 'why would she want to hurt herself like this?'

'It's not like I wanted to', I finally replied, still with my eyes closed.

I felt Mia lifting her head up and looking at me, while Tom moved a bit to sit straight on the bed.

'Pearl', he said, lifting my head up as I finally opened my eyes.
I looked at him, who was slightly smiling.

'You're awake', Mia said, making me turn to her, as I smiled at her.

'I am', I replied, stretching my arms.

'I'm sorry', I said, turning back to Tom, 'I didn't want to cause a scene, I don't know what's gotten into me.'

Tom looked at Mia, who immediately understood what he wanted to say, and nodded.

Before she could say something, however, Tom's door was opened by Alex, who came in holding a bottle of water and a couple of cups.

'Here's the water you asked me', he said, closing the door behind his shoulders and walking towards the bed.

'Oh, you're awake', he smiled, putting the bottle and the cup on the floor, and tying his dreads in a bun.

'Well, we'll leave you guys alone', Mia said, standing up from the bed and placing a kiss on Alex's lips.

I looked at them smiling, admiring how adorable they looked together.

'Thank you, guys', Tom smiled at them, before they left the room, leaving me and Tom alone.

Tom sighed, scratching his neck, unsure whether to say something.

'I'm sorry, Tom', I whispered, putting my hand on top of his, which he squeezed with his other one.

'I know', he said, staring at the wall in front of him.