old friends.

Pearl

The next few days went by pretty quickly: I spent most of my days with Tom and Bill, even if he was out with Jocelyn very often.
I saw how happy he was, and my heart was filled with joy for him every time I saw him coming home with a big smile on his face.

Soon, Saturday arrived and my anxiety was starting to get the best of me at the thought of seeing my old friends, and possibly come up with some sort of excuse about me leaving.

It was almost 9 p.m., and the others would have arrived about half an hour later, so I decided to get ready.

I put on some makeup, with a purple eyeshadow and some mascara, and a pink gloss that made my lip ring pop out.
I then put on some low waisted jeans, which made my belly button ring visible, and a white top.

Tom came in my room just a few minutes after and, without even doing it on purpose, our outfits were matching, as we were wearing the same colours.
He examined my clothes before coming closer to me, giving me a small kiss.

'You're sure you don't want to postpone this date or whatever this is supposed to be?', he said picking me up in his arms and kissing me, and as tempting as that proposal was, I stepped away.

'We have all the time in the world to do what we want after, now get ready', I said walking past him to the bedroom door.
I heard him puff a little but he followed me without complaining: one thing I noticed about Tom was that he always did what I told him to, without forcing him to.

When we went downstairs we saw Bill finishing putting some bottles on the table: red wine, white wine, vodka, beer, and all sort of things.
That was heaven on earth for everybody else, but not me, since I stopped drinking about a year ago.
I used to drink a lot when I was younger, I used it as some kind of pain killer, but it made things even worse and I decided to get clean for good.

After helping Bill put some other things in their place, we all sat on the couch, with my anxiety still exploding in my chest.
My leg was bouncing up and down on its own, without me being able to control it, but Tom calmed me down by simply resting his hand on my knee, as he always did.

'I'm here with you', he whispered, and those words helped me calm my nerves.
I didn't know why I was feeling so nervous, I just felt constantly judged by everyone around me, I felt the need to always be perfect in other people's eyes, and that need was starting to make me fall apart.
I felt like I couldn't do anything wrong, as I wasn't allowed to, I needed to be the one person who was always there for everybody,  who always helped everybody, while I couldn't even help myself get out of bed, some days.
However, Tom's presence always helped me feel a bit more at peace.

After half an hour we heard the door bell ringing, and Bill stood up to open the gate and the front door.

I got up too, followed by Tom, who didn't seem particularly excited to see them.
Tom got along almost with everyone expect two people: Edward and Brian.
Edward was a huge douchebag, someone who liked to provoke people only to get a reaction out of them, and Tom was not the type to keep quiet in front of certain people, while Brian wasn't particularly a bad guy to me, he was just extremely selfish and cocky, so I guessed that's why Tom never really liked him.

'Hi guys', Bill smiled to the crowd who entered the living room, with his usual cordial manners.

Everyone greeted him, but Kate and Juliet ran to hug me as soon as they saw me.
I hugged them both, feeling my anxiety finally leaving my body and letting me breath, and I looked at them for the first time in months.
They were truly beautiful: Kate was quite short, with long brown hair and brown eyes, while Juliet was a lot taller than her, blonde hair and blue eyes.