game on.

Tom's POV

Her lips were soft, but not as soft as Pearl's.
Her hair smelled good, but not as good as Pearl's.
She had a great body, but not nearly as beautiful as Pearl's.
She was pretty, but Pearl was beautiful, breathtaking.
I liked her, in a physical way, but I loved Pearl.

Her name was the only thing running in my head, when I took Paige home.
Pearl, Pearl, Pearl.

She was all I could think about, when I opened the front door with Paige glued to my lips, to the point where I almost had to push her away because I was about to vomit at the thought of my lips touching someone who wasn't her.

Paige, on the other hand, didn't notice my distress when she dragged me up the stairs, with a grin on her lips.

'So, which one of these is your room?', she asked, pointing to the various doors on the corridor.

I didn't want to sleep with her; I thought I did, when I brought her with me out of the bar, under the curios looks of at least twenty paparazzis, but I soon understood that I changed my mind once she began to touch me in the car.

'I don't think it's a good idea, actually', I said, ashamed of myself.
She didn't get mad, however, - she smiled and nodded.

'Figured you might say that', she chuckled, 'it was worth a try, wasn't it?'

'Yeah', I smiled back, 'look, I'll give your money anyway.'

I reached for my pocket to take my wallet, but her hand on top of mine stopped me.

'I might be a stripper, but I'm not a prostiute', she smiled, 'if I came home with you it's because I wanted to. No need to pay me.'

'Oh', I cleared my throat, embarrassed, 'I'm sorry, I just thought-'

'Yeah, a lot of people tend to think that I'm a whore', she interrupted me, 'I just do what I have to do to pay for college, that's all.'

I nodded, not sure about what my next move would've been.
Make her stay for the night? Kick her out and send her home?
I wanted to call an Uber for her, but I already felt too embarrassed and guilty for calling her a prostitute.

'It's already late outside', I said, looking at the dark sky, enlightened by a few stars.
'You can stay in one of the spare bedrooms, if you need a place to sleep.'

She smiled, nodding, and turning around.
She immediately walked over to Pearl's room, which was the only one with an opened door, but I stopped her, closing the door in her face.
Even if that room was empty, I would have never allowed another woman to sleep in her bed.

'Not this one', I said, and I pointed to a room we never used, in front of Pearl's room.
It was a bedroom we had for guests when they came over to sleep, but no one actually spent the night in there.

I opened it, reviling a small bedroom with a kings-sized bed on the right, a closet in front of it, and a window next to the bed.
It wasn't as big or as beautiful as the other ones we had, but it was enough for her, for someone I didn't know nor trust.

I didn't understand what had gotten into me for me to take a random girl home, I figured I was too drunk and hurt to think.
But the damage had been done, there was no need to analyse every single mistake I had made.

I already screwed up too many times, I couldn't think about it any longer, or I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself.

Paige entered the room and turned on the light, examining the bed before sitting on the edge.

'The bathroom is down the hallway, if you need it', I said, while she looked at me.

'It was her room, wasn't it?', she said, with a smile on her face.
What she was so happy about, I wasn't sure.