cocaine and fame.

Tom's POV

'Pearl, get inside', I said to her, not taking my eyes off of the man I had in front of me.

'What? Why?', she asked me, with a confused expression on her face, trying to get closer to me, but I moved a bit to let her walk inside.

'Get inside', I repeated, this time looking at her directly.

I saw her shifting her gaze from me to Brad while he was looking at her, as I felt my anger increase little by little.
If she didn't get inside right away, I would've lost my cool, and that was the last thing I wanted to do.

'Pearl', she focused back on me and, sighing, she started to walk back to the restaurant.

After making sure she actually went inside and was not hiding behind the door, I turned back to Brad.
He had an amused look on his face, with a smile that curved his lips, while he took a toothpick from his pocket and put it in his mouth.
I had to look at him in the eyes just once to see he was completely high, just like everyday of his life.

Brad was a business man, a sort of entrepreneur from what I understood, but the truth was that his favorite hobby was selling drugs in Hollywood, to rich and famous people who he knew would've paid a fortune to buy what he had.
Brad sold every type of drugs, such as LSD, Heroin and Cocaine, what he used to give me since I was 16 years old.

'You know, Tom, I have to admit that I like her', he said, taking his toothpick between his fingers and pointing to the door from which Pearl entered.

'Don't you dare', I said, getting closer to him.
He didn't take me seriously, as he was used to do, - he liked the money and the power drugs could give him, the rest of the world was a joke to him.

'You don't think she would want to try something?', he asked me, grinning.
'Fresh meat, she would go crazy for what I sell', he said, tilting his head back and slightly biting his lip.

My anger made me blind, as I pushed him away from me, not too hard since I didn't want to cause a scene from which Pearl would've had to save me, like she did every time.

'Don't ever talk like that about her, ever again', I yelled, inches away from his face.
'Understood?'

Brad put his hand on my shoulder, gently patting on it, continuing to smile.

'Son, I'm not here to talk about her, don't worry', he said, putting his sunglasses back on.

'The truth, Tom, is that you own me money, since the last time I spoke to you', he started to pace back and forth, kicking a few rocks.
'I hope you didn't forget', he finished, returning in front of me.

'How much money are we talking about?', I asked him, putting my hand in my pocket to take out my wallet from my jeans, so that I could give him whatever money he wanted immediately, cutting him out of my life once and for all.

I opened the wallet and counted the bills I had, - about 3 thousand dollars, - and I took them out to give them to him.

Brad, however, laughed in my face and dodged my hand, making the bills fall to the ground.

'We're talking about 200 thousand dollars Tom, did you really think a few bills would work for me?', he said, pointing to the bills laying on the ground.

'What the fuck are you talking about? 200 thousand?', I yelled, nearly close to punching him in his face.

Brad got closer to me, a bit less calm this time.
'Tom, I let you use my services for free for years. I knew you were just a boy back then, but you're a man now, and I want my money back', he whispered, spitting his toothpick out of his mouth.