run away.

Tom's POV

Rage.
Rage was the only thing I could feel, while I held her tight to my chest.
I wanted to feel sorry for her, and I knew it would've hit me all at once, but for the moment the only thing I could fully feel was anger.
I couldn't even express my feelings with words, I just knew that I wanted to kill him, to actually plan a murder and hide his body.

'What did he do, exactly?', I asked her, while she kept on crying on my chest, which caused my heart to break even more.
Hand't I left her, she wouldn't have found herself in that situation.

'Please, baby. I know it's hard', I insisted, once she didn't reply, 'but I need to know what happened.'

She took a deep breath and started to explain.

'He became very controlling over the last two weeks', she said, 'he would ask where I was, who I was with, and the morning after you took me home from that party, he was pissed.
He threatened me and said that he didn't like to be played with, and that's when he first put his hands on me.'
She stopped and looked down at the wrists.
'I should've left him right there, I don't know why I stayed', she wiped a silent tear, as she went on, 'this morning he went to Jocelyn's house to make sure I was there, and when he didn't find me he snapped. He knew that we slept together and I guess he wanted his revenge.'

She closed her eyes, her bottom lip trembling.
I brushed my thumbs on her cheeks, to calm her down, but also to remind myself that I would've had time to put my own hands on him.
All I wanted to do was get out of that house, find him and make him regret every meeting her.
But she needed me, and I wouldn't have let him come between us again, - I had time.

'He said that if you had me than he had to have me as well', she whispered.

I shook my head and tried to fight the nausea forming in my stomach.
'Did he touch you?', I asked her, 'I mean, did he undress you or something like that.'

'Not properly', she shook her head, 'he unzipped my jeans and was about to touch me, but I reacted.'

'Good girl', I whispered, and kissed the top of her head.
'You're brave, Pearl, don't let him destroy you even further, I'll make sure he doesn't.'

'Tom', she sighed and lifted her head up to look at me, 'don't get arrested, please.'

I laughed, and shook my head.
The possibility of me being arrested was there, and I couldn't hide it.

'I can't promise you that', I smiled, 'but I'll try my best to kill him and still be here with you.'

She laughed and rested her head on my shoulder.
What she didn't know was that I wasn't joking.

I let her rest on me for a few minutes, as she fell asleep.
Once I made sure she wasn't awake, I lifted her up in my arms and carefully brought her upstairs, to my room.
I gently placed her on the bed and moved the hair that fell on her face to look at her.
She had a few cuts on her nose, lips, temple and cheeks, - nothing that couldn't be healed, but surely something I wouldn't let Christian get away with.
Her knuckles were bruised and still a bit bloody, but they were healing.
Just as I placed her on the sheets, her shirt lifted up and I noticed a big, purple bruise forming on her stomach.
I ran my fingers across it, as I imagined everything that he did to her, - he probably caused her by forcing her to have sex with him.

With angry tears wetting my eyes, I stood up from her, going towards my closet to take some clothes out.
I went back to her, who was now sleeping peacefully, and carefully and slowly took her shirt off.
I threw it on the ground and replaced it with one of my hoodies, as I began to also take her jeans off and dress her with a pair of sweatpants.
They were too big for her, giving that she had been losing weight since she started taking drugs, but I wanted her to be comfortable and to forget what had happened.