jocelyn.

Pearl

The next morning I woke up quite late, around 11 a.m., but to my surprise Tom was not laying next to me as the night before.

A little moody, I sat up on the bed with my back against the headboard, looking around for Tom, and thinking that maybe he was in the bathroom.
However, he didn't show up for the following ten minutes, so I decided to text him.

'Where are you?', I sent

'Coming', he texted me back within ten seconds, and not even two minutes after he was in the room.

He had some black shorts on and, per usual, he was shirtless, - 'because I cannot stand the heat', was his excuse.
Surely it was true for the most part, but I knew that he did that just for the fun of provoking me.
Nevertheless, I did the same thing to him: every night I fell asleep wearing only some panties and his shirt, that he threw at the edge of the bed every single time.

'Where were you?', I said, rubbing my eyes, still getting used to the sun light coming from the window.
When I looked at him I saw that the cuts on his face were starting to heal already, as he took his patches off, but his hands were still wrapped with bandages a little stained with blood.

'Downstairs smoking with Bill', he said coming up to me, and giving me my usual good morning kiss.

'Do you need help changing those?', I said, pointing at his hands.

He looked at one of his hand, slowly opening the fingers and grunting a bit at the pain.

'Don't worry baby, I'll change them later', I nodded, taking him in my arms and pulling him on the bed, wanting to feel his body next to mine.

I was getting used to waking up in his arms, since I was usually the one who woke up earlier, therefore not finding him by my side that morning weirded me out.
However, I was way more weirded out about that feeling, the constant need to feel his presence next to me.
As much as I loved feeling like that with him, it also made me feel very vulnerable, and I still needed to understand if I wanted to be vulnerable or not.

'Alright, blondie', he said smiling after a few minutes, still wrapped in my arms.
'We have to get ready, Jocy is coming soon', he got up from the bed and walked up to the bathroom.

I followed him, with my arms crossed in front of my chest and my eyebrows slightly raised, I had to admit, quite bothered by that nickname.

'Jocy?', I asked, and Tom turned to look at me.

'Jocy. I mean, Jocelyn, I thought you understood', he shrugged his shoulders and washed his face.

'Yeah Tom, I got that part, but since when is she Jocy and not Jocelyn anymore?', I walked inside the bathroom, leaning against the sink to look at him.

Tom stared at me, speechless for a few seconds, before laughing his lungs out, taking my face in his hands and leaving plenty little kisses everywhere.

'Jealous already?', he said backing away and smiling.

'Says the one who beat up a guy just because he's my ex', I responded, and Tom started giggling while wrapping his hand in another piece of bandage.

'Touché'

Tom started shaving his face, while I brushed my teeth and put on some makeup.
I decided that I was going to wear a jeans skirt, - maybe even too short judging by the looks Tom was giving me, - and a pink strapless top.
I finished up by putting my Jordans and a little bit of gloss, while Tom was taking forever to get ready as usual.