Chapter - 45

Manya had heard Karan laugh. And she had turned her head in their direction even as Riddhima and Uday had argued over making Avni bungee jump. She found it surprising that her brother looked at ease with Avni. Normally Karan took his own time warming up to people sometimes he never did. Maybe he had felt guilty over scolding Avni the other day and had decided to give in just a little. Manya smiled as she watched the two. Avni looked in much better condition now than she had looked a few minutes ago before Karan had arrived. She had gone pale when they had told her what they were supposed to do here. She had protested and tried to get them to change their mind but they hadn't listened. In between all of those Uday had smoothly made her wear the gear. Then as Riddhima had started to side with Avni, Manya had noticed Avni go near the edge of the cliff and look how deep the ravine was. She had smiled and then joined in the argument. Karan had arrived moments later and immediately summed up the situation and had gone to pacify Avni. Seemed her brother had managed just fine,

After that Manya's attention was grabbed by Riddhima. What was it with her today? She was not just irritated for no reason she was also irritating her. Maybe the fact that the whole trip was for Avni's benefit was the bone of contention. But why? She had already told her last night who all were coming. If Riddhima had had a problem she should have said so and not come, instead of spoiling everyone's mood. The girl for sure needed to get herself in control. If she was experiencing angst then she should make up her mind and fast. Manya knew Uday had organized this trip for everyone's benefit. Avni of course was the highlight because she had never done this kind of sport before and she was a guest and now a friend too. But he had made Manya invite Riddhima. So she could enjoy the trip, as well as get to see there was more to his profession than just making people jump down cliffs with ropes. And more than anything he was serious about what he did. That didn't seem to be happening as of now. Riddhima was taking this all wrong. Agreed, Uday had spoken to Manya about using Avni to get Riddhima to open up but this trip was not because of that reason. If that would have been the case he wouldn't have invited her and Karan as well. It was just so all of them could have a good time together.

Manya was so done with this nonsense. Why was it so difficult for people to accept their feelings? Why did they make everyone so miserable? And that included themselves too. She hoped she would never be in that situation. That if she genuinely liked someone she would be able to tell him so. Whatever the response maybe. It didn't matter. At least she would be sure she had given it a try. If he was dumb enough to not see her worth then his luck. She was positive this was what she would do and how she would behave. What she didn't know was love was a crazy feeling and it made you do even crazier things. But her time will come to know what she was up against.

As Karan came and announced he would take the first jump with Avni, Manya had been curious. What had Avni said to make her brother feel protective towards her? Maybe she got to him the way she had gotten to her and Uday. They were all protective of her. The gentle girl needed such strong individuals around her. But still. Karan never showed his softer side to anybody this easily. In all these years he hadn't once softened his attitude towards Riddhima. Where her friend was still scared of him, Karan was still impatient with her. But she saw patience in her brother's attitude for Avni. And the trust in Avni's eyes. Was she reading too much? Or was she reading too little? Their interaction hadn't been that much and yet. She watched as Karan and Avni got ready for the jump. She heard Karan instruct Avni at what she was supposed to do or how she was to jump. There was a softness in his voice and Manya couldn't help but smile. Maybe Avni wasn't fainthearted after all. If she could tame the grouchy lion of the house then she was definitely a brave heart. She wondered if Avni was the kind of girl who could keep her brother happy. If that was the case she was in full support of it. She would love to see Avni and Karan get together. Maybe her calm nature and gentle unhurried approach would soothe her brother's pain. Maybe that would end the long standing feud between her father and her brother. She liked Avni so there was no problem in that. But there was this sadness in Avni's personality that worried her. Maybe Karan could get her to come out of it. If that happened it would be wonderful.

Now if only she could get the two of them together. And Manya pondered over that last thought trying to come up with strategies and ideas to throw them together at every opportunity.

***********************

Thank you for taking out the time to read ...

Votes and Comments Appreciated !!!