Chapter - 59

Manya watched Avni walk towards the house with a couple of books in hand. Manya counted the amount of time Avni had been at her brother's place. Close to a couple of hours and she was walking back with a smile. Was it because of Karan or the books she had found in her brother's house? Manya knew he had a collection of it. She slapped her hand on her forehead. Trust Avni to spend so much time in her brother's study. She knew Avni was a sucker for books so if she had found Karan's library she just might have spent all this time there. Which was good for Avni but definitely not constructive. Quality time which should be spent with her brother and get to know each other better. She shook her head.

It was such a good opportunity what with her brother being down with cold and Avni to take care of him but look what a wasted opportunity she thought to herself. It seemed she will have to take care of their love life just as she was taking care of her other brother's.

He was another one. Now that he had gotten it into his head that Riddhima should not be forced to recognize her feelings he was unwilling to see that she had recognized them and all on her own and now wanted to see if they could have something bigger. She and Riddhima had talked extensively on Sunday afternoon over what should be done now. And Manya had promised she will talk to Uday which she had last night but it had been a wasted effort. She needed to bring him and Riddhima face to face and let them talk it out. Riddhima's comparison of Uday and her father had hurt Uday. He was very sensitive very different from how Manya and Karan were. Not that they were insensitive lest one thinks otherwise but they were stronger when it came to handling emotions.

She had devised a plan for Friday evening dinner with Riddhima where she and Uday would be alone and where they should finally be able to sort things out. Now it seemed she will have to come up with another plan for Karan and Avni where they should be able to talk and know more about the other. Problem number one her brother was too straightforward and just might scare or offend Avni. Problem number two Avni didn't talk at all. She was too simple and non-manipulative. She had no clue how to manipulate a conversation to her advantage. Not that Manya was a pro at it but Karan was. He was bloody good when it came to that. So a dinner for them would not work at all. What could she do where they could be together? She thought hard and came up with the idea. Actually it had been Karan's idea two weeks ago but what the hell she could definitely use it to throw them together.

Hadn't Karan promised to take Avni on that paragliding adventure? He had. And they had all heard Avni agree. It would be great. They would take another trip but try and push the two of them together. Should she include Uday and Riddhima on this? Maybe not now. Maybe later. First they needed to be in tune with each other. And then next week it was Karan's birthday. If the trip was a success then she would plan something else for her brother's birthday. Her dad wouldn't attend he never did not that Karan threw a bash for his birthdays he just always took her and Uday for a special dinner or outing and that was that. But not this year. This time she would do something big. But that would come later. First things first. Oh, what would her brothers do without her she thought and smiled. If things worked for both of them they will have only her to thank. She couldn't have been more happy with herself at the moment. Now to put her plans into motion. She clapped happily and turned around to find her phone and set the ball in motion.

Was it that simple to get people together? Maybe. Or maybe not. Only time will tell.

***********************

Thank you for taking out the time to read ...

Votes and Comments Appreciated !!!