Chapter - 67

Avni had been here for almost two months now. Another month and she would go. He couldn't make himself see her go. His heart refused to even contemplate a scenario without her around. She had added so much warmth and beauty to his life with her smiles and laughs which were more carefree now than ever. Though she still had moments where she closed up. There were still things he didn't know about her. And despite all that he couldn't possibly let her go. He just couldn't. He felt his heart would burst if she was to leave. What was he supposed to do? He was sure she felt something more than just friendship. He had seen it in her eyes, on her face. What was it? The soft look she always wore when she thought he wasn't looking at her. The affection she had for him. She had become confident in her talks too. She didn't hesitate as much. She didn't ponder as much. She trusted him. So how could it be just plain old friendship?

He had spoken to both Uday and Manya about how he felt and they had given their approval as well as support. They were in awe of her anyway since the day they had seen the gift she had given him. However Manya's over exuberant 'I knew it, I knew it' had given her game away. Karan smiled at the picture she had made. He wasn't worried overly much about his parents. He knew Nilakshi loved Avni and Tej was always full of praises for her. But something told him it wouldn't be as easy. It was just a feeling he had. Or something he had learnt a long time ago. Every time you thought things were easy they just had a habit of turning nasty on you. There was no fact he could base his assumptions upon but he was so attuned to her. He sensed her restlessness that she so fought to hide. He still couldn't find a base for her fears. Why did she not do well in tense situations? She had told him her father had never been abusive and he understood that her mother hadn't either so what compelled her to hide in crowds or stay away from volatile scenarios. She belonged to a traditional family hence her conditioning but fear wasn't a conditioning or was it? The missing pieces of the puzzle she was were still that...missing. And he somehow knew that that was where the problem lay. He had decided to confess his feelings tomorrow. He hoped she would say yes. What he didn't know was what he would do if she said no. Because of how much he loved her and she trusted him he was positive he wouldn't twist her arm over this nor would he ever hold it against her. And yet.

It was a crucial day tomorrow. Time was the ultimate test and it was fast approaching. The test was not just for Avni and Karan destiny was taking it too. What would the results reveal? It was only wait and watch for now. Not that it was going to take long.

***********************

Thank you for taking out the time to read ...

Votes and Comments Appreciated !!!