Epilogue

Avni looked at the family portrait in her new home in Gurgaon. She was very much a part of it. Her eyes going over the faces of those who were her family now. She had been married three years. And Karan and she had moved to Delhi a little after that. With his demanding work it was difficult for him to commute up and down besides he didn't want her out of his sight for a second. Avni smiled as she looked at the smiling face of her favorite man. Finally he stood next to his father who had an arm around him and pride on his face. His relationship with his father had improved considerably but they still saw things in their own manner. Nilakshi had been a great support to her not to mention a dear friend. Uday had just tied the knot with Riddhima and was off on a honeymoon. Thankfully there had been no hitches where they were concerned. Manya was now working for a Mumbai based event management company still complaining how she had lots of friends who were boys but no one was interested in her because they all knew what a good shot she was. Avni shook her head.

Karan had enrolled her into a private college for a design course and she was currently working for a top company.

Shalini had shifted to Chandigarh and founded a support group for parents who were dealing with issues of their children's sexuality. She had found the purpose she was looking for in life and she had found the courage to stand for it. Her group was named after her son Sahil.

Avni went to the kitchen to make coffee. She knew Karan would be back soon and the first thing he needed was his mug with steaming coffee in it. Don and Kiser looked up from where they lay in the sitting room then went back to sleep. They were growing older now. And Avni dreaded the day something would happen to them. She knew Karan would be sad but she would be shattered. They were like kids to her. She remembered she had to call her sister who now worked at Bangalore in Karan's branch office there. She smiled. Right after their marriage Karan had taken her to meet her family. Her mother hadn't accepted her relationship at first then grudgingly reluctantly she had. Karan had taken responsibility for her sisters and their education. While Naina worked at Karan's firm now, Tanu was in final year graduation and Soni was to start college next year. She thought about her life in the past three years.

It had changed so much. She had changed so much. Karan had supported her every step of the way and the love they had found together had only increased. She was a confident person. Not shy of voicing her thoughts. Not scared of crowds anymore. Because she knew her pillar of strength stood right beside her. And she was glad she returned to him when she did. She wondered what he will have to say when she gave him the good news once he returned. She heard the whistle blow and the front door open. Karan was back. She smiled. She was excited. And she was sure he would be too. Only he would get more protective of her from now on. She watched him place his laptop on the table and greet the dogs his eyes searching for her. She poured the coffee in his mug and went to meet him.

Destiny smiled. All is well that ends well. A new phase was starting in their life and they had a lot to look forward to.

*************

Author's Note

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,

And therefore is winged cupid painted blind"

- A Midsummer Night's Dream

Another journey begins. Hope you enjoyed Karan and Avni's journey as much as I did.

***********************

Thank you for taking out the time to read ...

Votes and Comments Appreciated !!!