My brother, my responsibility

Last night after Bellamy and Jaycee's conversation, she was still lying down because she couldn't really stand up without assistance. She couldn't sleep. Not with Jasper groaning in pain, she was so upset that he was hurt. She couldn't sleep until Jasper was okay. There was a time when she tried to get up from the lower level and climb to see Jasper but when she got up and started walking she fell, Monty had to bring her back to her makeshift bed. She would get upset when she couldn't see Jasper. So Monty said that he would go check on him for her.

That's when it happened, Jaycee heard Jasper scream in pain and she finally had the chance to climb up the ladder, she then saw what was happening and then Octavia entered "Stop it! You're killing him." She yelled, "She's trying to save his life." Finn told her. All of a sudden Bellamy interrupts "She can't" he told them. Then Wells stands up to Bellamy "Back off" he tells him in a hushed tone. "We didn't drag him through miles of woods just to let him die," Clarke told him. "Kid's a goner. If you can't see that, you're deluded. He's making people crazy." Jaycee just scoffed because she actually thought he was a decent person after their conversation "Sorry if my brother's an inconvenience to you, but this isn't the Ark. Down here, every life matters." Jaycee told him with an angry tone. "Take a look at him." He told her, "He's a lost cause." "Bellamy this is her brother, she isn't giving up on him, I know you wouldn't give up either if it was me in Jaspers's position." She told him "I've spent my whole life watching my mother heal people. If I say there's hope, there's hope." "That's because there is, and just because you don't think there is Bellamy, doesn't mean shit to us, to me!" She yelled at him.

Bellamy just looks at them all. "This isn't about hope, it's about guts. You don't have the guts to make the hard choices. I do. He's been like this for three days. If he's not better by tomorrow, I'll kill him myself." Jaycee stands up, "To do that you're going to have to kill me" Then he just walks away. Then turns to his sister "Octavia, let's go" "I'm staying here" she told her older brother. "Power-hungry, self-serving jackass. He doesn't care about anyone but himself. No offense." He told Octavia. "Yeah. Bellamy is all that. But he also happens to be right." Finn said to them all. "Clarke, please, help Jasper. I'm begging you" Clarke looked at her "I'm going to try my best. For now, I need water" Jaycee nodded and went down to go get some water. She felt good, but she was in a little pain, but nothing she couldn't tolerate. She ended up getting water and then hearing Jasper, again, the other delinquents kept getting upset with him and saying to put him out of his misery. She was furious but couldn't do much because she was hurt, the last thing she needed was to pick a fight with stupid kids.

Jaycee ended up seeing a girl. Maybe 12? or 13 at most. She thought that she was a little too young to be arrested. She got curious and followed her. She was going to tap her shoulder when she turned around and screamed "Hey it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you" Jaycee told the young girl. "What are you doing out here?" She asked the young girl"I can't be near the kid that's dying," she told Jaycee as she sighed. "C'mon we shouldn't be out here, I'll keep you company okay?" The girl looked at the pretty older woman and said okay. "What's your name?" The girl looked at her "Charlotte" she smiled at the young girl "I'm Jaycee, but you can call me Jay" They both smiled at each other. As they were walking back they stepped on a twig and then a knife became really close to Charlotte's head. The delinquents said, "Get it!" As they were talking about the boar.

"Who the hell are you?" Bellamy asked the little girl "Charlotte" she said nervously "What the hell are you two doing here? Especially you angel? Aren't you hurt? Or did you forget?" Jaycee just looked at him, covered Charlotte's ears, and said "Don't you have another girl to sleep with?" and rolled her eyes. "Oh, are you jealous?" he smirked at her. "In your dreams Blake," She told him with an attitude, Bellamy then looked at the younger girl between them "I almost killed you. Why aren't you back at camp?" He asked them "Well, what with that guy who was dying, I just... I couldn't listen anymore." She told Bellamy truthfully