We Are Grounders ~Part 1~

Everyone was working hard building fox holds. "Come on. These foxholes aren't gonna build themselves." A delinquent had yelled out. Bellamy had then walked up to Jaycee and Raven working on land-mimes. "Better hope those landmines work. All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades."

Jaycee rolled her eyes at Bellamy's comment "you wanna come over here and test one?"

Bellamy lightly laughed "Cute. I need this entire section mined by morning. Then you finish the south field."

Raven then walked up to Bellamy as he was walking away from the duo "Hey... I told you, we're going after Finn, Clarke, and Monty in the morning."

"And I told you, nobody leaves this camp." Bellamy told Raven with a straight face.

Jaycee then walked up to them both "hey! We are not leaving Monty out there! He's by himself! We can't just abandon our people. You want to lead them, show them you give a damn." Jaycee yelled at him

Before Bellamy could respond a gunshot had went off that scared them all.

"Whoa! What the hell was that?" A delinquent said.

Bellamy got angry and walked up to the person who fired the shot "Hey... What the hell is the matter with you?"

Sterling then told the leader. "I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." Bellamy then grabbed him by his collar and yelled "We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder."

Octavia then looked around and spoke to her brother "bell, you're scaring people."

Bellamy sighed and yelled out for everyone to hear "They should be scared! The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work!"

•••

In the drop ship, Bellamy was inside, thinking, he then looked at Myles who was in pain. Jaycee was looking for parts and Jasper had just walked in. He then looked at Bellamy and they both made eye contact, Jasper started to walk away then Bellamy said to him. "Don't you think I want to go after them, too?"

Jasper sighed "If it was you out there, you think Monty, Clarke, or Finn would hide behind these walls?" Bellamy shook his head 'no' "No. They'd go after me. Then they'd be dead, too. I am doing what I think is right for the group."

Jasper scoffed "It's funny, you didn't think that way when Octavia went missing." Jasper then started to walk to the ladder "Where are you going?" Jasper then looked back at him. "More gun powder for your mine field... sir" he waits to say the last word. He then salutes Bellamy and claimed the ladder.

Bellamy sighed and turned to see Jaycee staring at him "how long you been there?" Jaycee bit her lip and looked down "long enough to tell you that your an ass for getting upset with my brother for no reason and abandoning our people" Bellamy sighed again "cmon, you know damn well, we are going to die if we try and find them" Jaycee nodded "yeah but I rather die trying than hide here. Monty is my best friend, I don't know what I'd do if he were dead. And I don't wanna find out, I already lost my mother. I can't loose my best friend too" she said with tears in her eyes. She then looked away and wiped them and claimed the ladder as well "now where are you going?" Bellamy asked the brunette girl.

"Raven needed a spare part for the walkie talkie, to make the distance more larger." Then she left.

Bellamy sighed and walked around to see a gasping Myles. "Water... please..." Myles as moaned. "I'll get you some" Bellamy told the injured boy, and walked out the drop ship. "Water" he asked again.