Fallen

Jaycee and Octavia were walking side by side to the Cave where Bellamy, Nova, Indra, and hopefully Lily are in.

Octavia kept a straight face, Jaycee noticed and grabbed Octavia's hand and put her own in it.

They didn't say anything but this small affection meant everything to them.

Everyone who got out of Arkadia enters a cave.

Jaycee walks in and sees Bellamy for the first time today. She didn't look at him long because a small body engulfed her in a hug.

"Jaycee!" Nova said in excitement.

Jaycee looked down, then up at Bellamy, she knew that she was going to be the one to tell her and Lily about Lincoln.

Bellamy looked at everyone, "Where's Lincoln?" Octavia looked at Jay.

Jaycee nodded, "Come here Nova, I wanna talk to you outside okay?"

Nova nodded. Bellamy watched the two leave, knowing something was wrong.

She and Nova walked outside Lincoln's cave. While Octavia was telling Bellamy off about Lincoln, she wanted to tell Nova, but she didn't want her to see Octavia mad because she didn't want Nova scared.

"So where is Lincoln?" The small grounder girl asked.

Jaycee went on her knees, she didn't know how this was going to end.

Jaycee looked up at her, she grabbed her hands, she tried not to cry.

"Something's wrong," Nova said with a nervous tone.

Jaycee took a deep breath. "Lincoln is gone,"

Nova looked at her, "When's he coming back?"

That's when Jaycee's tears dropped.

"I'm sorry, he's not coming back," Jaycee said as she still had Nova's hands in her own.

"What? What do you mean- I mean he has to come back, he promised, he said that he was going to come back to me and Li-Lily," Nova started to have tears in her eyes.

Jaycee sighed, "He died, in Arkadia. Pike killed him, but he wanted me to tell you that he loved you and your sister so much, that he was so sorry but the grounders that were imprisoned, were going to die unless he came and gave up, he couldn't let those innocent people die," Nova looked at her and started to sob.

"I'm so sorry," Jaycee said once more.

Nova wanted to scream, shout, and yell at Jaycee, but she couldn't, she just hugged Jaycee, Nova wrapped her small arms around Jaycee's neck and Jaycee wrapped her arms around the small child's body. Jaycee held on to her, listening to her cries, saying how she was going to miss Lincoln dearly.

"It's okay baby, let it out, I'm here for you, and I am not going anywhere," Jaycee whispered in the small grounder's ears.

Nova continued to cry.

Jaycee knew one thing about that day, she knew that she was going to kill Pike, even if it was the last thing she would do. She was going to help Octavia, Lily, and Nova, get justice for Lincoln's death.

•••

After Nova was done shedding her tears, she fell asleep in Jaycee's arms. Jay looked at the sky, "I swear, I will protect them like my own," She whispered. She wanted to keep Lincoln's promise, that she'd be there for them no matter what.

Jaycee stood up with a sleeping Nova in her arms. She walked into the cave to see Bellamy who looked terrible, she thought about it and she knew that Octavia had done this because she blamed Bellamy for Lincoln's death. Jaycee didn't care, all she cared about was Nova right now.