Alive

It had been a day almost since Lily and Nova pulled out Jaycee from them Moutain.

Jaycee woke up the next day with so much pain in her stomach.

She sat up as she held her side.

"Glad you're not dead," Lily looked up at her.

Jay chuckled, "Thanks,"

She looked around, she was in a cave that seemed like home.

"What happened?" She asked looking at Lily.

Lily sighed, "I overheard in Polis that the Ice Nation was going to destroy Mount Weather," She looked at the fire, "I thought I was going to get there in time but it was too late, the assassin had walked in and I knew that I only had minutes to get the people I could out." She looked at Jaycee next.

"I was running into the Mountain when I saw you, laying on the floor, blood coming out of your stomach, you looked pale, I knew that you were the only person around, I didn't see anyone else. I got you out, moments before the place exploded." Lily looked back at the fire.

"What about my friends? Raven? Gina? Sinclair?," Jaycee asked.

Lily didn't look at her, "I didn't see anyone, you were the only one who I found, I didn't see anyone exit the place either," Jaycee looked down, she started to slightly have tears in her eyes.

"I could be wrong though, maybe some of your people got out, I'm not sure, I was too busy dragging you here," Lily tried to make a small joke.

Jaycee slightly smiled, "Thank you, I know you didn't have to do it for me," She looked at Lily.

"Yeah, well, I owe you, you make my sister happy, she loves having your company, even if you haven't seen her in a month." Lily smiled

Jaycee looked down. "Yeah, guess having a disease is bad,"

"Lily couldn't wait till you woke up, but you were out for so long, that she ended up falling asleep," She looked at Nova who was asleep.

Jaycee looked that way and smiled.

"Yeah, she makes everything seem okay," Jaycee looked at her hands, "I'm very fond of her," She looked at Lily and smiled. "You did good raising her, I'm guessing it's only been you two?"

Lily looked at Nova, then back to Jaycee, "Her parents died when she was about 4" She paused, "Her parents took me in when they found me alone outside, Nova was 2 when they took me in, two years later, they go out to meet with Indra for some war, they never came back," Jaycee looked at the girl, she would have hugged her but she felt like if she moved, she would make her wound worst.

"I'm all she's got, well before she met you, and I am really glad you are a part of her life, I've been in and out, going to Polis, helping out the commander," Lily smiled.

"She's a good kid, she's tough too, good thing she has you too," Jaycee smiled at her.

Lily nodded, "Jaycee! You're up!" Nova came running to the girl, hugging her but being careful with her wound, "Nice to see you too kid" She smiled at her.

"Lily said to let you rest, but then it took forever, so I went to sleep, hoping that when I woke up, you would be up too," She smiled at the girl

"Yeah, I'm up, and I want to thank you for helping me, I want to thank the both of you," Jaycee looked at Lily as she nodded to Jaycee.

"I've missed you," Nova looked at Jaycee, "Missed you too kid, I hope you didn't give your sister a hard time."

Nova smiled and looked at her sister, "What now?"