Acid Fog

Jaycee normally had nightmares. They would be about her mother, she would dream of her mother getting floated over and over again while Jaycee couldn't move. No matter how much she tried to move or wake up, she just couldn't. She would have this nightmare every two days or so. She ended up having it again tonight while they were in the cave. I guess what triggered it was the fact that she knew Atom was dead or dying. She blamed herself for everyone's death that had happened while they were on the ground. She didn't know what to do. While she was sleeping she was sweating crazy. She didn't realize that Bellamy was trying to wake her up. Once he did he noticed how panicked the girl was, he didn't know what to do except hug her. She slowly accepted it and he ended up brushing her hair with his hand and she fell back asleep.

That was last night.

Jaycee, Charlotte, and Bellamy were walking around looking for the others. "Anybody out here? Jones?" Then someone spoke. "We're here!" Yelled out someone, it was Jones. "Lost you in the stew. Where'd you go?" Jones asked "Made it to a cave down there." Bellamy replied and looked at Jay. She looked back but ended up looking down at Charlotte. Then there was a sound, a sound of pain, Jay then looked where the sound was coming from. "The hell was that?" Bellamy said. "I don't know." Said Jones as he looked around. Bellamy then looks around. "Where's Atom?" Bellamy whispered because he didn't want Jay to listen to the conversation about Atom. Jones shrugged "We thought he was with you."

After a while Charlotte had left Jay's side, Jay didn't know until the young girl screamed. "Charlotte?!" Jay yelled in a panic, she started to run where the screams were coming from. Jay then sees her and Charlotte hugs the older girl because of what she saw. What she saw was Atom, he was lying on the ground, seriously injured. He had blisters everywhere and was wheezing. Then Bellamy came to their side. "Son of a bitch. Atom" he said with a panicked voice. Bellamy then runs to Atom and looks at him, unsure of how to help him. "Charlotte, I need you to go back to come okay? I'll come to find you when I get back, I promise." Charlotte looked at Bellamy then Jay, and nodded.

Jay then walked to where Bellamy was kneeling. She could hear Atom whisper. So she leaned down to his mouth, and that's when he said. "Kill me. Kill me. Kill... Me" All Jay did was sigh. Before Charlotte had left, she gave Bellamy her knife and told him to not be afraid. Like he said to her in the cave. "Everyone back to camp, you too Charlotte. She'll come get you when we come back." Pointing to Jay. What hurts Jay even more is when Atom says. "Kill... me. Bell...a...my... pl...ea..se" with a raspy voice. That's when tears had come down her face.

Bellamy had the knife in his hand, he was going to end Atom's suffering, but he couldn't, all he did was sob. That's when Jay knew what she had to do. She grabbed the knife from Bellamy's hand and positioned Atom on her lap as she was combing his hair with her hand. "I'm going to help you, alright?" Atom nodded, because he knew what was going to happen next. Jay started to hum the song her mother used to sing to her every night. Bellamy watched the girl, he knew he should have done it but he couldn't he didn't want the girl to live with Atom's death. He didn't say anything to her though. When the moment is right, that's when Jay pierces Atom's neck with the knife. Jay looked at her hands, all she saw was blood, blood that she caused, the blood that would have been avoided if she had helped Atom back when the acid fog had it. The Clarke shows up, they both look up at her. "He was in pain, so I ended it. Please tell me I did the right thing" Jay sobbed quietly. "You did, he wouldn't have made it, and trying to save him just for him to end up dying anyways is the most painful way someone can go," Clarke told her. She just sighed and stood up, covering Atom up with a jacket. What she didn't know was that Charlotte had watched the whole thing happen.

The three of them walked back to camp, with Wells and Finn joining them when they were walking back. "We've got to get this to Jasper, I'll need boiled water to make the medicine." Said Clarke. Then with Bellamy and Jay behind them, they haul Atom's body into camp on a gurney. "Get Clake whatever she needs" Bellamy shouted. Jay was surprised that he told the delinquents to help her. "I better go dig his grave," Wells said as he walked away. Octavia then exits the dropship approaches Clarke and tells her something only Clarke can hear. Jay notices that Clarke is trying to get Octavia to go back inside the dropship but she pushes her away. She walks up to Bellamy and Jay, noticing that they seem upset. Bellamy tries to stop her "Octavia, just stay there. Please, stay back." He told his younger sister. "Why?" she then pushed him back and approached Atom. She then lifts up the jacket off the body and sees a deceased Atom. "Atom..." She said quietly. "There was nothing I could do" He tried to comfort his sister but it didn't work "Don't-" She told him. Octavia then cries. She gets up to leave and she does, she ignores Bellamy's calls for her. Jay just stood there quietly.

"Lose anyone here?" He asked Murphy. "No, you're psycho little sister-" Before he could finish Bellamy got angry and grabbed Murphy by the collar. "My what? MY WHAT?!" He yelled at Murphy. "You're little sister," Murphy said quietly. "Yeah, that's right, My little sister, got anything else you want to say about her?" He asked Murphy. Murphy nods no, and then he continues. "Yeah, Jasper is still breathing. Barely. I tried to take him out, but your little sister stopped me" That is when Jay snapped. She turned her head to Murphy, she couldn't believe that Murphy was going to kill her brother when she wasn't there. She then lunged at Murphy and started to punch and kick him as hard as she could. "Don't you ever! lay your hands on my brother!" She kept punching him until he started to bleed, then he pushed her off and punched her back, and then Bellamy got in between them. He pulls Murphy away. "I should have killed him, honey." He winked. Jay was going at him again but Bellamy pulled her away by her waist and put her in his tent.

"You can't lose your temper" Jay scoffed and looked at him. "You're not the one to talk, you would do the same shit as me if Octavia was in Jasper's position right now and you fucking know it!" She sighed and sat down on the floor of the tent and stayed quiet. "Your brother is going to be okay angel" Jay looked up. "Stop calling me that, just stop it!" she yelled. Bellamy was shocked, he had seen her angry with him but he'd never seen her this angry, then she got up and went to the dropship to see how her brother was doing. She sat next to Monty and Octavia with Jasper in front of her. She looked at Well's and noticed that he and Clarke were talking about Clarke's father. Clarke had asked him to be honest, that she might not deserve to know, but she needs to know if her mother was the reason why her father was floated. Wells stayed silent, he then looked at Jay, and she just nodded her head 'Yes' She believed that Clarke should know what really happened and that Clarke should have never been upset with Wells at all. Clarke started to tear up, begging Wells to forgive her, all he said was "This is already done" Then Clarke started to cry. After the conversation, Jay, Monty, Wells, Finn, Clarke, and Octavia were all around Jasper, praying that he would be okay.

Wells got up and started to walk to the ladder. "I'll be right back," Jay said to the others and they nodded 'Okay' She then followed Wells. "Hey, Wells" Wells turned and looked at her. "What did I say?" She smiled lightly and laughed. "You were right, she forgave me and I forgave her, even if took a long time, I'm glad she finally knows the truth." He smiled at her. "Me too," She smiled. "Can I tell you something?" Wells said to the pretty girl. "Yeah, what's up?" She replied. "Thank you" Jay looked at him confused. "For what?" She asked "For being there for me, for being nice to me when others weren't, I know what my father did to your mother, I don't deserve to have a friend like you, and for that I am grateful for you. Thank you" Jay just smiled at him and gave him a long hug, rubbed his back, and she stopped and looked at him while her hands were on his shoulder, and she gave him a quick peck on the cheek. Wells then smiled, and Jay said, "Thanks for being the only guy that makes me feel safe, besides Monty of course." "Yeah, of course," He said smiling at the beautiful girl. "Cya later?" She asked him. "Yeah, I'm just going to go do something then I'll be back in the dropship." He told the brown-eyed girl. She then walked away and so did Wells, the thing was that someone was watching them the whole time. It was Bellamy. He was jealous but he didn't know why, maybe it was because they hugged, maybe because she kissed his cheek, it could have been any reason. but he didn't know why. He then just walked away to the bonfire and sat down.

Around 20 minutes later they ended up finding alcohol and they all took a sip of it. Finn took a swing at it, "Smooth," he said while coughing. Then a soft voice said something "Can I, uh, get a hit of that?" The injured boy said. "Jasper!" Both Jay and Octavia said at the same time. "Let's start with the soft stuff," His best friend said. "Welcome back buddy" Finn smiled. "Was that a dream or did I get speared?" Jasper asked. They all lightly laughed. "You'll have a very impressive scare to prove it" Clarke smiled. "My savior," Jasper smiled and his sister just giggled while happy tears were coming down on her face. "Thank you, for not dying, I don't think I could have taken that today," She smiled at the very alive boy. "I'll try not to die tomorrow, too if that's cool," He laughed then he noticed Octavia and his sister smiling at him. "Oh hello! My older sister and a very pretty girl" he giggled and so did the others.

Jay felt like something bad was going to happen but she put that deep aside because she just wanted to be with her Brother.

___________________________________________

A/N

OMG, This is a very fun story to write.

I love it so much. Please enjoy this story and take the time to read it

I'm going to post the next episode soon!

Love you all TY <3

(Word count 1955)