Demons

They were on their way back to Miller, Harper, and Bryan.

Raven was amused by Becca's journal, she couldn't believe it, "Becca's journal is amazing. At 26, she found a pathway to access a human mind. That same year, she had to lock up A.L.I.E. because her answer for what was wrong with the world was 'too many people'. She was 27 when it launched the bombs."

Clarke looked at Raven, "What did she write about the Flame?"

Raven continued to read the book as she said, "A.L.I.E. 2.0. She saw it as a way to atone for her sins. She designed it to not just access a human mind, but to merge with one. It could never wipe us out because it would be one of us. She would put it in herself first. Altered her genes so her body wouldn't reject the implant."

Clarke obvously remembered something because she said, "Bekka Pramheda, the first commander. The gene therapy made her blood black, didn't it?" She asked.

"Yeah," Raven nodded.

Octavia looked at the blonde, "How did you know that?"

"Nightblood. That's where it came from. Somehow it became hereditary. Luna has it. That's why we have to find her. If she can access A.L.I.E. 2..." Clarke told them.

"She can tell us how to stop A.L.I.E 1" Jaycee spoke up.

"Bekka Pramheda gets her second shot atonement." Sinclair was ammused.

"Get back to the mind pathway. If A.L.I.E. uses it to upload our minds to the City of Light, then there's a chance my mom's still alive." Monty was trying to be hopeful.

Raven shrugged, "That depends on your definition of 'alive' "

"Eyes sharp. Weapons hot. We're almost home." Bellamy said, he then pulled out the radio trying to contact the others, "Miller, come in,"

No response.

"Harper, you there? Your ride's two minutes out," Bellamy tried again.

No response.

Jaycee was getting nervous, Nova was with them, and she just hoped that the girl was okay.

They exit the rover and enter a now deserted Arkadia.

"We left two days ago. Why haven't they fixed the gate?" Clarke was confused. Honestly so was Jay.

"Maybe because there's no one here to fix it," Jasper quietly said.

"It's like a ghost town," Raven said as she was looking around.

"Miller, where the hell are you? I don't like this," Bellamy tried the radio again.

"Maybe they got chipped," Jasper imputed.

Jaycee hoped not, because Nova was with them, she didn't want her to try and do what Raven did.

"If they got chipped, they'd be waiting for us at the cave," Bellamy said to try and get Jaycee to calm down.

"Maybe they saw the open gate, and went for Lincoln's book," Jay's brother said.

"Maybe you should stop saying 'maybe' " Octavia was getting annoyed.

"If they are chipped. A.L.I.E. already knows we're coming," Clarke said as she looked around.

Octavia then notices a blood stop on the ground and identifies it immediately as the spot where Lincoln died.

Lily walked up next to her and saw the same thing, she didn't need confirmation, but she knew it was Lincoln's blood. She then grabbed Octavia's hand and held it in her own. They were both going through the same thing, they both lost someone they loved.