Perverse Instantiation

Jaycee was sitting on a log, thinking, hoping that everyone was okay back at Arkadia. Jasper was sitting on top of the rover, and Octavia, Bellamy, and Clarke were in front of the rover talking.

She could still hear everyone's conversation but she didn't say anything.

"Rover's almost charged. We need to pack up. We'll be home soon," Bellamy said.

Clarke sighed in anger. "Then what? Run away?"

Bellamy looked at her, "We're not running away, Clarke. We need to regroup with the others and find another way to defeat-" Before Bellamy could say its name, Clarke cut him off.

"There is no other way. We need to find a Nightblood. We need to unlock the Flame. It's the only way to stop A.L.I.E." Clarke told him.

"What do you expect us to do, Clarke? Walk into random villages asking for their Nightbloods?" Jasper asked.

Clarke nodded, "If that's what it takes,"

Octavia was so fed up with Clarke that she snapped. "No, Clarke. If A.L.I.E. can find us on Luna's rig, then she can find us anywhere. I won't help you destroy another innocent Grounder village."

"If we don't find A Nightblood, there won't be any Grounder villages. Or a home for us to go back to," Clarke said.

"That's all the more reason we go there and make sure our friends are okay," Bellamy told her in a calm voice.

Clarke scoffed and walked away.

Jaycee stood up and before anyone could follow her, she said, "Let her walk it off, she's the all-mighty Wanheda, she'll be fine,"

Bellamy sighed before walking off to find her.

•••

At Arkadia, Bellamy filled in who this King Roan guy was. That he was from Ice Nation, he had saved Clarke from a chipped grounder, and Jaycee kind of zoned out after the little information. She didn't care about him. She just cared about getting back to Nova and Lily

Jasper, Jay, Clarke, Octavia, and Bellamy finally made it back to Arkadia.

Monty and a couple of others were there.

"Glad you made it back,"

Raven looked around, "We were getting worried. Where's Luna?" She asked.

Jay looked at the girl, "Luna said no," She continued to look for her girls, "Where are Lily and Nova?"

Raven looked at Jay, then to Miller.

Miller walked up to her, "Come on, let's talk."

Jaycee nodded. The rest were asking questions about Roan and such.

"Where are they?" Jay asked.

Miller sighed, "Nova, is here,"

Jay looked at him, he wasn't giving her eye contact, "Where is Lily?"

Miller didn't say anything, "Miller!" She shouted.

Miller looked at her, "Lily was gone this morning, she wrote a note, saying how she didn't want to feel useless, so she was going to polis to try and help," Miller said, he gave her the note that Lily left.

Jaycee took the note, she didn't open it though. "Where's Nova?" She asked as she had tears in her eyes.

Miller nudged his head, telling her to follow him. They finally got to the room where Nova was.

"She hasn't been out of here since she found out Lily left, she won't talk to anyone," Miller told Jay.

Jaycee nodded, she knocked on the door and walked in.