Join or Die

Octavia, Jasper, Jaycee, Clarke, and Bellamy are in the rover following the map in Lincoln's journal to find Luna.

"It's been an hour since we passed the airplane wreckage. Seeing as we're using a map without any distances, it could be days before we reach the village," Jasper said

"At least we know we're going in the right direction" Bellamy continued to drive.

"We're running out of daylight. We should stop in the sun and recharge the battery," Jasper imputted.

"What sun? We keep going until it dies." Clarke said from the back.

"We keep going until we get to Luna," Octavia said.

Jaycee was worried about Octavia, she lost the love of her life. She wasn't grieving correctly. Jaycee just hoped she wouldn't bottle it all in.

"Is this her?" Jasper asked while pointing to a drawn image of Luna, Octavia said yes.

"What do you think she's gonna say when we show up asking her to put an AI in her head?" Jasper looked at Octavia.

"Lincoln said she helps those that are in trouble. She'll help us too," Octavia responded to Jaspers's question.

They then stop the rover.

"You think she can help us find a better map" He asked.

Bellamy looked around, "We'll backtrack. Find somewhere where the trees aren't so bad,"

"Guess we're on foot," Clarke looked around.

"Anyone hears the part where I said it could be days?" If Jaycee remembered anything about her childhood, it was that Jasper was lazy.

"Stop! You hear that?" Octavia asked the others.

"Water," Jaycee smiled

"Eyes sharp, they could be hostile," Bellamy had his gun up.

Octavia walked up to him and pointed the gun down, "They're not hostile. Put the guns down!" She said to him.

They run through the forest before reaching the water.

"Where's the village?" Jasper was looking around, confused.

Octavia looks through Lincoln's journal and sees that the drawing in the book is identical to the landmark.

She started to look up from the book and then back down, she shook her head as she said, "No, Oh no, it can't be"

Jaycee walked up to her and put her hand on her shoulder.

"It isn't a village. It's just a bunch of rocks," Jasper said, as he walked near the water.

"She's gone," Clarke said in a sad tone.

"What do we do now?" Jasper asked, but no one answered.

Octavia couldn't hold it in anymore, she let out one large scream.

•••

A couple of hours passed, and Octavia and Jasper were making a fire.

Jaycee sat on a log, bouncing her leg up and down, trying to figure out a plan. Everyone was quiet until Clarke was the first one to speak.

"It'll be dark son. We need to talk about what we're gonna do,"

"We wait until first light. Then we split up and search the shore in both directions." Octavia said, she then began to blow on the timber and placed it in the wood so it could ignite.

Bellamy walked up next to her, "I agree. Lincoln wouldn't have put this spot on the map unless it was important," He picked up Lincoln's book but Octavia stood up and snatched it away from her, "Don't touch that!" She screamed at him.