Log Into an Abyss

Finn, Jaycee, and Clarke were together, they were talking when Abby and Jaha walked up, the first person who spoke was Abby, "By now, you've all heard the rumor," There was a short pause, "And unfortunately, it's true. The Grounders are coming. We have a difficult decision to make. Thankfully, Chancellor Jaha has found his way back to us, and we are discussing all options."

Everyone started to murmur and silently look at one another. "But to be safe, you need to pack. Now. Whatever you can carry. We may need to leave at a moment's notice" One of the Arkadian people had spoken, "Where will we go?" Jaha looked at the man, then to everyone else, "I don't know, is the answer," He took another pause, "But I heard of a place... a city of light. It's across the Dead Zone," He said.

Some people were nodding their heads as others were skeptical about it. "What makes you think we'll make it there?" Some Skeptical man said.

"Because we made it here. I have faith. And right now, given the alternative, that's good enough for me" Jaha said.

Jaycee couldn't believe it, if they left, that meant leaving the 47 in Mount Weather, leaving her Monty, leaving her brother in that hell. She was not going to let that happen, not over her dead body, she was going to step up but Clarke beat her to it, "Not for us." She said as she took 4 steps forwards.

There were some silent murmurs. Jaycee looked around and then stepped where Clarke was, "If we leave here, what happens to our people in Mount Weather?" Jaycee asked out loud for everyone to hear her.

"As Abby said, that is a very difficult decision to make." He paused for a second. "But the time has come for every one of us to ask, "Is this how the story of our people ends? Did we come all this way just to die tomorrow?" Because if we're not gone, by the time that sun rises, that is exactly what will happen," Jaycee scoffed at Jaha's speech.

"No decision's been made. In the meantime, please report to your station supervisor, and gather emergency supplies" Abby said as everyone started to walk away. "This is such bullshit..." Jaycee whispered only for Clarke to hear. "Clarke we have to do something, I can't just stand here knowing that there is a chance my brother can die any second in that stupid mountain," Jaycee said with an angry but low tone.

Clarke just nodded her head, "I know, and I'm with you, for now, we need to think of a plan, c'mon let's go talk with my mom," Jaycee nodded, Clarke left first as Jaycee followed her, but someone grabbed her wrist.

Jaycee turned around and saw that it was Bellamy, she looked at him with a confused face since he had been gone for hours with Octavia, she was glad he was safe of course, but she was still worried. "Hey, where the hell have you been?!" She whispered.

In a subtle but low tone of voice, he looked at Jaycee and then Clarke, "In the dropship. You need to come back with me right now," He said to the both of them. Clarke squinted her eyes in confusion. "Why? What's happened?" Bellamy just sighed.

"I'll explain on the way. Bring your med kit; meet at Raven's gate." Before Jaycee could say anything, Bellamy quickly left, she was just standing there with Finn and Clarke. It was quiet between the three until Finn spoke up. "This is my fault." He paused for a moment. "The Grounders are attacking because of me..." Clarke walked up closer to him, "The grounders are attacking because that's what they do..." She reminded the boy.

Finn looked down at the floor, then back up at Clarke, "Go with Bellamy, your mom said no decision had been made, if that changes, I'll let you know." Finn said to the girls. Finn walked away before Clarke could say anything to him. "C'mon, Bellamy is waiting for us by now," Jaycee said as she pulled on Clarke's arm, taking her inside the Ark.

•••

Clarke and Jaycee met Bellamy at Raven's gate, after the girls got everything they needed, they walked to the dropship they came in on the first day of the ground. Clarke was the first to climb up the ladder, then it was Jaycee. But as soon as they both got up, they saw Lincoln, but it wasn't Lincoln... he was a reaper. Jaycee put her hand on her mouth from how shocked she was. The reaper/Lincoln had tried to move forward but couldn't since he was tied.