Unity day

The Delinquents are on the ground listening to Jaha's Unity Day remarks. "My friends, this is a historic Unity Day. Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the twelve stations joined to form the Ark, but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground."

Some of the delinquents were upset because of Jana's speech. "Right. After we did all the work. Someone shut him up." Miller rolled his eyes.

Raven was sick of his stupid comments, "You shut up, Miller. No one's forcing you to watch." Then looked back at the screen.

Jaha had continued his speech making some of the kids yawn. "For ninety-seven years, we have eked out an existence, hoping that someday our descendants would return to Earth."

"At this point I could just fall asleep right now" Jaycee whispered to the Blake girl. Octavia had only laughed at the browned haired girls comment.

"Yeah well, when this is all over we can drink Monty's moonshine" the two girls giggled and continued to watch Jahas speech.

After a while the speech kept going and Jaycee and Octavia were near Jasper and Monty. Jasper was very happy and yelled out "Whoo! Yeah! Monty strikes again! Hey! Call this batch Unity Juice! Who's thirsty? Monty! There you go." He gave some to Jaycee.

Monty had then butted in the conversation with his best friend. "Hey. Save me some."

"Happy Unity Day. Pass it around. Big sis" Jasper smiled at Jaycee.

"To our sons and daughters on Earth listening to this message, we will see you soon. The first Exodus ship will launch in under sixty hours, carrying you the reinforcements that you need, so stay strong. Help is on the way." Jaha had finally said.

Everyone was having too much of a fun time to actually listen to the Chancellor. I mean they knew help was coming, so they didn't care about anything but having fun.

•••

Clarke had walked up to Jaycee because Clarke knew Monty was out of it. "Hey. The comms are still dead. They cut out during the pageant." She had told the girl.

"Best unity day ever, well only unity day I have ever had but who cares at this point" Jaycee had told the blonde.

"Do you really think now is a good time to be having a party? I mean, the Grounder is out there." Jaycee had rolled her eyes at the girls mention of her new friend that only Octavia knew about. Before she could make a comment someone had butted in their conversation.

"Grounders. By now, he's made it home. He's probably putting together a lynch mob." Bellamy had said to her. He then looked at how worried she was. "Relax. I got security covered. Why don't you go get a drink? You look like you could use one." Then he looked at Jaycee. "Seems like you already have one don't you Angel?" Jaycee took another sip, then walked away with nothing to say to the man.

"I could use more than one. And she still not talking to you?" Clarke had told and asked the older man.

"Then have more than one. Clarke, the Exodus ship carrying your mother comes down here in two days. After that, the party's over. Have some fun while you still can. You deserve it." He then quickly looked at Jaycee and noticed the girl having so much fun. "No, she said she wants nothing to do with me, maybe it's for the best. Besides I can't stand her anyway" he had lied.

Clarke then hummed "Yeah. Okay. Sure, and so do you by the way" she smiled at him.

Bellamy shook his head "I'll have my fun when the Grounders come."

Clarke nodded her head "All right."

"Unity day" Bellamy had mumbled.

•••