𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

THE bright lights were blinding her eyes by now. Blue, purple, green... she couldn't even tell them apart by the amount of drinks she had taken.

Stumbling as she walked, she made it to her friends. "I'm never going to a party again! This is the worst!"

"Or just don't drink as much," they told her, laughing. The music played so hard it echoed in her ears. Caused the whole situation to feel like a dream.

She grumbled, "You told me it would be more fun like that. Well, this certainly isn't fun."

"You gotta make it fun."

"I can't make a fictional character appear here, thank you," she murmured, attempting to blink the blur out of her eyes. "How do I make it fun?"

"Dance."

"Cringe."

"Make out."

"I'm unfamiliar with that term, my girl."

She got pushed into the sweaty crowd anyway. "There ya go."

The cup that was filled with alcohol and maybe just a single drop of another liquid got thrown out of her hands by an arm. It immediately drained through a boy's clothes, which had already been wet from sweat.

"Sorry!" She held her hands up at him, still unable to see normally. All she saw was his black hair and a casual shirt. Either way, she didn't care. "You should've watched out!"

"Excuse you?" Her waist got grabbed. It forced her to look in his eyes with her glassy ones. Then she nearly rolled them. Clingy kid.

"I said, should've watched out!" She yelled through the music, surprising herself. It wasn't her thing to talk to strangers, let alone allow them to touch her. "Shouldn't have walked there!"

"Shouldn't have spilled that drink there!"

"Shouldn't have taken my waist!"

"Why not? You're gonna run away like Cinderella and lose your shoe? Wow, such a cute fairy tale!"

"If I'd lose my shoe tonight, it's 'cause I'm drunk, boy." She patted him on the shoulders. "Anyway- my friend gave me this advice!"

"What?!" He leaned in. The music got harder and she talked way too sloppy to be fairly understandable.

"My friend gave me this advice!" She repeated. Her hands got clammy once she realized there was no going back now. Well... shit.

He ran a hand through his hair. "What advice?"

"Really wanna know?"

"I'm trying not to overthink it. Spill!"

"Alright!"

An hour later, she let herself fall on her bed. Besides getting drunk five days before school would start, she also kissed a boy like she would never kiss one again, and totally forgot about how shucked up her life had been the past months.

Because she would supposedly get a forced marriage in a year. One last school year, and her life would be over.