𝐏𝐄

For PE, I have to do this run thing together with a girl.

Now, it's logical I'll have to go with Sammy, because she's my so called 'girlfriend', but I think I would've chosen to go with her even if she weren't. Or at least, I don't mind being her partner for it.

I walked over to the girl while running a hand through my hair, so I at least look a little decent. I've got to admit I've never felt like this around a girl anymore. Like, I'm well aware of my awesome charm and impact on girls... but Sammy's different.

"Hi," I say.

"Hey."

I feel a lump form in my throat when she looks past me, at everyone else in the room. Then finally, she trails her eyes over my body, and looks up at me.

"Are you good at running?" She asks.

I tilt my head at her, knowing I might be better at running than basketball. And she... well, those legs. I think mine are getting weak from hers. They're so- I nearly punch myself.

I can't drool over a girl's legs.

"You could say that. What about you?"

The question doesn't even make sense to me. By the looks of it, and how amazing her body was, she must've been good at it.

"You could say that," she mocks, and I smile.

"We'll see."

"You say that too much," she comments. "Perfect example of why you might be failing classes. Oh, I got a geography test... I'll see how it goes!"

I have to stop myself from smiling at her. "Would you stop insulting me for my bad grades?"

"As long as you don't try to make them good... no, I won't."

"Fine, Nerd. I'll continue to insult you for reading the things you apparently can't seem to get."

The things she read were... interesting. That's why I couldn't get it off my mind.

She elbows me in the side. "At least I read. Moving on, what about the nicknames? Us arguing isn't gonna make anything more believable so please tell me you made some of those up."

"I got plenty."

"Spill."

"Cute Patootie, Snuggle Bear, Honey Bee, Princess Poo-Poo, and Giggles."

She pulls a face. "Ahw, Little Pudding. You're so sweet."

I roll his eyes. Again, I have to hide a smile. "Fine. I got Samantha, as in Frozen, Samuel, so I can annoy you. Or Salami, Sammy... maybe Sandwich."

But I've already settled for Sammy.

"Idiotic."

"Don't expect me to call you Love, or Sunshine, or Butterfly, or whatever else those men call their girls. Little Mouse? Ridiculous. Samuel or Sammy or Salami, or nothing at all."

"We'll see," she spats, clearly annoyed I refuse to call her the cute crap. Well, Sammy is cute, right? "Let's just go. Grab a stopwatch and go outside."

"Make sure you stay with your partner, even though this is just the start exercise," the teacher calls once we stand outside, then blows on his whistle. "Let's go!"

The first five minutes go easy. I'm not out of breath and neither is Sam, which still impresses me.

"Guess I found some competition," I say. I can't help myself but to look down at my wristbands. I see they're not covering my wrists to my pleasure, so I readjusted them until I feel good again. "So, have you played any sports before?"