𝟢𝟥,𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭

THE next day was strange.

People stared at her in classes, whispered when she passed, or even whistled. And somehow, she knew that probably had to do with the same rumors Teresa and Sonya told her about.

She. Was. Not. Dating. Minho.

So after the awfully long day, she forced herself to step into the sport building and go find that six foot three Asian boy.

Very surprising she found him playing basketball with some other boys.

"Hey, Minho!" She got noticed soon. "Your girlfriend's waiting for ya!"

Sam sighed deeply. It was her second day here, come on! Where was her peace?

The boy told the others something before he walked over to Sam, a questioning look on his face. "How can I help you? It's not like I got all the time in the world right now."

"Sucks for you." She grabbed his bicep and started walking. Luckily, he moved with her. "Rumors are going around."

He shrugged.

"What, are you completely oblivious?" She pushed him into a room after checking it was empty.

"I've been getting some random high-fives and hugs and everything, though." He casually sat down on the bench of the changing room. "What is the rumor?"

"People think we're dating," she blurted out, and then immediately regretted saying it like that. "They saw us kissing at that party, you whispering to me yesterday, and then our conversation in the hallway."

"Oh, you mean the one where you were desperate for congress? Or reading about it, at least?"

She rolled her eyes. "I'm not desperate for anything." Well, fictional men, maybe. "But that's not even the point! Did you hear what I just said?"

"People think we're dating." He looked up at her. "People are stupid. Dumb, idiotic."

The frustration nearly caused her to explode. "I don't want to spend this whole year with rumors and laughs about me."

She wanted to spend her last year with nice people, things that were comfortable, and studying so she at least knew something about the world before it would be taken away from her. Not rumors that she was dating some popular basketball boy.

"And I swear to god if my mom thinks I'm dating someone—"

"Your mom won't catch one single rumor from this school as long as she's not around, which I know she will not b—"

"My mom's the principal of your school."

"What." His face darkened in a second. "Yeah, I'm dead."

"Oh, you're the dead one now? If she happens to hear this, she'll explode."

Because Minho didn't seem like a holy gentleman at all.

"I'm dead, because she threatened to expel me if I don't behave this year. My visits to her office were weekly things last year, and I lost count on the amount of times I had detention, Samira. So if she thinks that I'm dating you, she's gonna kill me with her looks and definitely give me detention with each little fault I make."

"Then do something about this."

"What do you expect me to do? I know I'm amazing, but I can't let rumors vanish either."

Sam wandered around the room, constantly wiping her clammy hands on her skirt. "Minho, I really, really don't want this year to suck. It's gonna be my last normal year before my life... I don't know, it'll just be ruined. So I don't want people to whisper rumors about me."