𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬,𝟤

When Sammy told me about the guy that randomly assaulted her and pulled her into an alley, my blood started boiling.

And when she explained what he had looked like, I immediately knew who it had been.

A drunk man with a bun that hung out in my neighborhood? No one but Clarence Brooks, the man who's selling the shuck pills to an aunt I gave up on years ago.

I did really try to help her. But those years destroyed me and when she started sneaking in while I was asleep to steal the food I bought from the few dollars I had, I stopped caring. She'd turned into a horrible monster, honestly. Almost killed me a few times, if I remember it well enough.

While she was supposed to take care of me after my mother's death and my father refused to speak to me.

So after my talk with Sahil today, in which I kind of snitched about what Edith had done and that I saw her car after the crash, I walked around the streets where twilight was falling, on my way to an pure idiot and nothing more.

People who hurt Sammy, aren't worth more than that.

I find him with half of his head inside a garbage can, and my blood immediately starts boiling again.

I speed up my pace. Three seconds later, I have him pinned against the wall and have to hold myself back from vomiting by his smell and disgusting face.

A stupid grin shows his rotten teeth. "The true son of a bitch."

I might've not known my mother, but that doesn't mean someone can call her a bitch.

I press him harder against the wall, holding his shirt and stopping myself from choking him on it. "Careful what you do, Clarence."

He laughs, the smell of his breath making my anger even worse. Alchohol, like Sammy described. But right now, he's less drunk and also smells like a damn street dog.

"It's not nice to press people against walls, Minho." He lets out a chuckle that makes me furious.

"Pulling women into alleys isn't so nice either, is it?" I ask, nearly breathless. "And especially not the one that's mine."

I can no longer stop myself from hitting him. Right in the face. With my fist. When he laughs, I do it again.

Then, I can't even stop myself anymore.

This isn't the first time that I'm punching him. He has pulled women in alleys before. Now, Sammy is my woman, so I'm even angrier, but I've hit this man before. Ten year old me has hit him for shucking up my aunt.

Not that ten year old me could really win that fight, but fifteen year old one could. And then sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, and just when I thought maybe nineteen would pass, it didn't.

Once his nose started to bleed, "I understand!"

"No, you don't," I say through my teeth. "I've got to remind you every single year and now that you touch my girlfriend, I might as well kill you."

"Please- don't," he chokes out, maybe because my hands around his throat right now, the anger making me blind.

"Hey!" A yell behind us that immediately makes me spin around. There's a kid, a woman, and a pissed off looking father. "You're not the only one in this neighborhood! Please do not cause trouble!"

I do let go of Clarence. I don't want to have an even worse reputation in this neighborhood, seeing I already got, as Clarence called me earlier, the nickname the son of a bitch.

I'm not sure who came up with that, because I refuse to believe my mother was a bad person, but I can't know.

I walk away with my shoulder bumping into his.