𝟤𝟢,𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫

MIDNIGHT wasn't far away from them anymore, and both Thomas and Harriet were already tipsy. 

Sam sat on the couch, Gally and Alby beside her while Minho was attempting to make some fancy cocktails with Frypan.

"I thought this trip would free me from watching others share a new year's kiss." Teresa sighed. "Now I have to watch two couples."

Right. Of course. A new year's kiss.

Gally shrugged. "Better than watching your parents, I guess."

Teresa let go of another breath, but her face lit up when Minho and Fry finally showed up with some drinks. They mentioned they weren't perfect yet, and that they would practice more after this round... which probably meant some drunk people.

Sam had to get used to the strong taste. Her eyebrows raised as she expected the neon yellow color, the slice of orange on the top, and the blue straw. "It's... rather giving summer vibes."

Minho plopped down on the couch with a groan. "You're free to make 'em, if you're better at it."

Better than listening to conversations about kisses, and the one she'd probably have to share with Minho later, so, she got up, walked into the kitchen, and stared at all the colorful bottles.

Edible glitters? In gold and silver? Oh, and lemon. She could work with that.

"So..." Randomly, Brenda and Harriet stood in the kitchen too. They leaned against the wall, their giggles showing off the amount of alcohol they already drank.

Sam gave them a questioning glare. "Yes?"

They giggled again. "What's it like with Minho?"

"Sorry?" Sam poured two drinks together.

"You seem to forget you're dating like the most popular guy in school."

Well, the vacation indeed made her forget about the attention Minho got. The plenty of girls swarming around him (and their friends), the looks and greets when she walked past others with him, the questions shot at her for dating Minho.

"It's... as a normal relationship should be," she eventually replied. "Why are you guys acting like he is some goddess?"

"You don't think he is?" The two girls gave another sign of their drunkenness. "I mean, we're not the only ones squealing over your boyfriend. Before you guys started dating, by the way! Right now, you have him. But there's still others who'd like him just as much." 

Sam sighed. "Y'all are weird when you're drunk."

"Drunk means sober words." They shrugged, snickering again. "Just saying, you're lucky."

Lucky this, lucky that... she was lucky she didn't have to get a forced wedding, maybe.

"I'm well aware," she said. "Also, people, like you guys, should calm their asses down. It can't be that weird I'm dating Minho, come on."

"Yes it is!"

"And why, exactly?"

"First of all, Sonya told us that Newt told her that he knows Minho never had a girlfriend before. And Newt has known Minho since he was three."

Oh. Minho's first girlfriend was a fake one. Yay!

"Then why does he have a suit for women with his motor? He told me specifically I wasn't the first girl he met."

Harriet and Brenda bursted out laughing so hard Sam cringed. "For you, Dummy! He got it for you!"

She choked on nothing, and her eyes widened. "I don't think that's true. Why else would he say he had girls before, while I'm his girlfriend?"