𝟣𝟦,𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧' 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"I'M rethinking my birth right now."

When Thomas stepped into the bedroom, Sam groaned. Of course he had to interfere.

"Why, genuine question, would you two sleep like this while you're a couple?" He crossed his arms. Stared at the few feet of space between the two beds. "Or are y'all that desperate that you're afraid you can't hold back—"

"Thomas, shut the hell up."

He held his hands in the air. "I'm just saying, man. Your relationship is weird."

"You're weird," Sam muttered, half asleep.

"Good night to you too." Thomas walked toward the door. Before he completely left: "I hope one of you gets a nightmare."

Sam buried herself deeper under the sheets, closing her eyes again. She got dressed in a Christmas pajamas, braided her hair so it wouldn't be ruined the next morning, and now comfortably lay with a pillow in her arms, because that was a habit.

"Is your mattress that shitty?" She whispered when Minho rolled over for the millionth time.

"It's fine."

Sam felt her bottom lip disappear behind her teeth. "You always say that. You always say everything is fine, doesn't even matter what. Why? It's making me unable to tell apart when it's actually the truth."

"Most of the times, people lie for a reason. So every time I say it's fine, no matter if it's the truth or not, just believe me." 

She lay on her back. Stared at the ceiling. "Fake relationship or not, it's still untrustworthy to lie about everything."

It took longer for him to reply. "I don't want to bother people, you, with my problems."

She wasn't gonna fight against that statement too much. "Just know that I'll gladly help, no matter what."

He didn't respond, so she turned her back to him in the darkness. Her heart pounded. If he would just talk to her for once. Didn't even have to be the most heartfelt confession. Just... true things.

"Sammy?"

A spark that made her eyes widen. "Yeah?"

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

She waited, only to see if he was gonna continue, but he didn't. "For what?"

"I really suck as a fake boyfriend, don't I?"

"I think you're doing pretty amazing."

"I can't even have a deeper conversation," he murmured, sighing. "I want to, but... I just can't."

Slowly, a frown formed on her face. "Why not?"

She heard him sigh. "I don't know. I'm not used to it. Feels weird."

Sam turned her head toward him, even though neither of them could see each other. "You can try."

"I did, once." His whispers broke into louder words. Not loud enough for others to hear, but she could live with how he felt more now.

Her heart cracked. "It didn't end well, did it?"

He sniffed. "Not really, no." A pause. "I spoke to a student coach. She—," he stopped. Breathed in, "told me something. Sorry, I don't wanna say what she... you know, I—"

"It's okay," Sam assured. "Tell me what you're comfortable with."

"Right. So, the next day, I got taken out of class by your mom." His tone lowered. "She spoke to me. And don't take it personally, but when I explained things, she called me an attention seeker. I thought about it— considered it, and found myself realizing she might've been right. From that moment, I never really talked to anyone again."

"How long has it been since that happened?" She asked carefully.

"About a year. Maybe shorter," he said. "And I know I have my friends and maybe even my parents but," another pause, "I don't want them to feel the same disgust as your mom did... and as I do."

Her breathing hitched. Got stuck in her throat as she blinked a few times. "You shouldn't listen to anything my mom says, Minho. I don't know what's going on, but I know that neither I or your friends are gonna be disgusted."

"Newt wasn't disgusted," he mumbled. "But that's only because he understands. Like genuinely understands."

"And it's good that you told him," she confirmed, a light smile on her face, though worry tensed her. "Really, it's a big step."

"Thanks, Sammy. I'll try to take your advice." The honesty was dripping off his voice. "Now, what about you? I'm an expert in giving others advice, I just don't use it myself!"

She chuckled under her breath. "First, I think I might need a midnight snack. Did we have ice cream?"

"A whole bucket."

"Perfect." She clicked a light on. Then nearly fell off the bed because of the force she had used to slam her hands in front of her eyes. "Gosh, Minho! You could've warned that you don't wear pajamas!"

"Says the one that changed right in front of me today," he replied.

Maybe she peeked a little bit when he got dressed, between her fingers.

Then, when he was fully dressed, she looked again. "Be honest, no boy ever sleeps in a pajama. Maybe a shirt," he said.

"How am I supposed to know?" Half blind, she reached for the door handle. "Now be quiet before Newt kills us."

"I don't—"

"Shit, Tommy."

Both Minho and Sam froze in their place. Sam's mouth dropped open, and Minho's started to twinkle. "Oh my god," she mumbled, yet she tiptoed closer to Newtmas's room.

Minho covered a snort up in his sleeve. "This gotta be a prank."

Sam pressed her ear against the door. "I'm not so sure about that."

They nearly lost it when Newt's name left Thomas's mouth in an... interesting way, and quickly flew down the stairs before they got caught.

Minho had such a bright smile on his face that it made Sam's stomach flutter. Dimples dimples dimples dimples. "At least they're finally together. Took them fifteen damn years."

She chuckled. Stole the ice cream bucket, put some of it in two bowls, and sat down on the couch after handing Minho a bowl. "Okay. Tell me, what do you think we should do tomorrow? Make the fire or bake the cupcakes?"

"Make the fire."

"Ah, come on! Red flag. You were supposed to say cupcakes." She rested her head against the wall.

He sat down in front of her. "Cupcakes, then."

She smiled. "Awesome," and continued eating the ice cream.

(A/N: I'm just gonna add some fillers lol)