𝟤𝟪,𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

"I don't think anything was fake."

Her eyes widened fast. "...what?"

He ran a hand through his hair, taking a breath. "I don't think I really cared about my grades when I started fake dating you. Or suggested it."

Sam's body seemed to stop working for a second. Then, her heart nearly jumped out of her chest and her stomach made the most awful, yet somehow amazing twist.

"So..." She started, but wasn't sure how to continue.

Maybe she really was stuck in a romcom.

"—so I've liked you since the beginning, yes," he finished, running a nervous hand down his face. "I... well, I was half drunk in the club, yet I still couldn't stop thinking about that kiss the next days. Like, all your sass and how you looked just... intrigued me," he summarized, slowly. "When I recognized you at practice, and spat out my water, I felt even better. You bumped into me. I found the things you read genuinely funny, and liked your reaction. Then I kind of realized I wanted to know more about you, so didn't hesitate when I came up with the fake dating idea, after hearing your story."

She stared at him with a half open mouth, her eyes wide and cheeks red from... honor? Maybe. "Wow."

"Yeah, wow." He let out a nervous chuckle. "And the kiss at midnight wasn't fake in the slightest."

"It wasn't fake to me either," she finally managed to say, half whispering as she did. "I've been in denial and convincing myself I didn't like you, though I certainly do."

His smile brightened and turned more comfortable as he leaned closer, lying his hand on her knee. Sam looked down when he spoke. His lips moved. Colored, full, and kissable. Soft, which she knew from moments she'd love to experience again.

"I asked you something."
Reality snapped back once he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Breathless, "What did you ask?"

"If I could get the honor to kiss you again," he muttered, already leaning closer.

Sam nodded. She held her breath and only let go of it when sparks formed in her stomach, since he finally touched her lips. Slowly. Softly and carefully, as if they never kissed before.

She leaned closer, needier. Cupping his face, she straightened her back to reach him better and he gripped his hands around her waist, suddenly moving his lips too.

The fireworks that had been exploding outside the other night, were now exploding inside her body. They spread everywhere, and then caused a fiery speed up between their lips, in which Sam somehow ended up on his lap.

It was more comfortable like that, though. Otherwise, they would've kissed while sitting on their knees with an awkward amount of space between them and because this wasn't the first time they had kissed, it was no longer just a careful, quick peck.

Their breaths heaved; they let go. Minho's hands still held her waist and she had her fingers buried in his hair. For the first time, he didn't seem to mind someone touching it.

"So I guess the fake dating isn't so fake anymore now, is it?" Her words blew against his lips.

"I hope not," he murmured back.

She smiled. He did it back. Later, she ended up lying at his side, his arm wrapped around her as they watched the now forming stars.

"What's your love language?" She asked the millionth question that day. Honestly, she hadn't really been able to tell which of the five he did mostly so far.