𝟦𝟢,𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞

AFTER Newt left, Minho forced Sam to eat and drink, then asked if she wanted to shower, and after she refused his offer, sat her down on his bed.

"How'd you get here?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed from concern.

"I ran."

He tensed up. Bit his lip. "You... ran? As it was still dark? Early in the morning?"

"I often run in mornings, Minho. Don't worry."

He ran a hand down his face. "Right. Sorry. I'm just... upset."

While sitting across from him, she took his hand. "Don't worry."

"Nothing happened while you ran here? And I hope your mom wasn't too... you know."

She hesitated. Something did happen while she ran here, but it hadn't even lasted for twenty seconds. It was too lame to worry Minho even more. She didn't even get harmed or anything close to that.

"Nothing happened," she assured. "My mom was... not happy, though."

He squinted his eyes at her. "Please don't lie," softly. "I can see when you lie, Sammy."

She swallowed. "Okay, fine— but don't worry too much. It was just this guy. He was drunk and pulled me into an alley. Said some things. I kicked him in the crotch, then ran further. He didn't do anything else."

His jaw clenched. "Did you recognize him?"

"No, sorry." She shook her head.

"What did he look like?"

"I couldn't see much." Sam shrugged, not even understanding the point in telling him all of this. "His hair was longer. Tied up in a bun. He smelled like alcohol but nothing else. When I kicked him I could feel he wore a shirt and tight jeans. That's it."

Minho was thoughtful for a few seconds. "Alright. I'm glad you're okay," he said, his Adam's Apple moving. "Still not hurt from the accident?"

"Just a bit of a headache. My shoulder feels tight, but that's it." She did her best to smile. "And you?"

His arm wrapped around her and pulled her into his side. "Just some bruises. Nothing too bad."

"You protected me," she said. "Right?"

"I keep my promises."

And though I'm completely certain I will catch you if we ever happen to fall, I still don't want anything that doesn't have to happen to you, to happen.

Her smile turned realer. Carefully, the girl hugged him. "Thank you for that."

"Anything," he murmured. "And I know it wasn't really my fault, but... I'm still sorry it happened. That car behind us was driving me crazy and the second I lose grip on that wheel, it goes its own way. This time, downhill."

Her head rested on his shoulder. "Did your motor survive?"

"I can get it repaired. Some scratches and crap, but I'll effort it."

"I'll help you pay," she promised. "Also—"

"You don't have to help me pay for it, Sammy."

"But I will."

"Please don't."

"Minho, I was on that motor too. I want to pay for it, too."