𝟣𝟫,𝐩𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

"SAM."

She groaned. "Due to circumstances, I'd like to continue sleeping without you poking my cheek. Thank you, Minho."

"Will you shoot awake when I remind you—"

"No," she murmured, tightening her arms around him. "I'm well aware of our position. I'm also aware that we're dating, remember?"

"Bold," he commented, and she just groaned again. Eat, sleep, read on the toilet, repeat.

"How do you feel, though?" Once she was awake, she had a harder time falling back asleep, so her eyes did flutter open, eventually. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." He let go of a breath and managed to escape her grip so he could turn around and look at her. "Surprisingly, I actually feel... relieved. It's like a ton of weight is gone."

She nodded, understanding.

He crooked a stupid smile. "And I'm sleeping in a girl's arms? Not too bad."

And she groaned again. "It's a one time thing, Dude. Don't get too excited."

He lifted an eyebrow. "What about that other night? On the couch?"

"Two time thing," she corrected. Her cheeks caught a blush.

Shitshitshitshitshit—
She couldn't keep blushing at things he said or did, or feel the electricity when he touched her, or stare at him a little too long. They were fake dating. Falling in love was not a part of that. That only happened in romcoms, and this wasn't a romcom.

She forced herself to loosen her grip around him. If she was already getting butterflies because of him now, then she couldn't imagine how awful it would be to fake date him until summer vacation. So, no falling for anyone.

"Hey— you alright?" Concern increased Minho's face at the way she suddenly zoned out.

With wider eyes, Sam nodded. "Yeah, fine. Let's just get breakfast. Skipping dinner last night wasn't to my liking."

He smiled softly. "Alright."

"Alright. Dibs on the bathroom!" She made a little sprint, knowing Minho was ready to fight about who could claim the bathroom, and locked herself up in the room.

Then, she stuck her head back inside the bedroom to look at him. "Uh, forgot my clothes. Would you pass me some?"

Without hesitation but with a slight grin on his face, he handed her whatever lay close before she again, locked the door behind her.

Her red, long sleeved v-neck, and blue flared jeans. Definitely not bad.
She let her hair hang beside her head after adding a ton of spray in it, didn't hesitate to put mascara on now that the stupid school rules didn't apply, and used her perfume.

When she walked out of the bathroom, Minho was already dressed in a gray sweater, black cargo pants under them. His hair was styled, but not as excessively as normal.

She stepped closer. "Ran out of gel?"

"No." Shaking his head, Minho tucked his hands in his pockets. "I took your advice."

"...what advice?" Her eyes squinted. Unsure about what she had told him in the past, she waited for him to reply.

"You said my hair looks nicer with less gel. Or when it's messier, at least." 

Sam's eyebrows raised. "And since when do we take my advice? I thought you were a professional with your hair."

She would've sworn his face got red shades morphed into it. "Why not?" He shrugged. "Also, you're obsessed with men in your books, and most of the time, those men look good, so if I get advice from the reader, I'll most likely take it."

"Would you get a tattoo below, or on your hipbone? A Shakespeare quote?" She blurted out.

God she did not just mention his hipbone or the erection below it or bring up Aaron Warner—

Her face turned bright red as Minho tilted his head, triumphant and smirking. "Could you imagine it?"

Damnit, he made it so much worse.

Her skin was on fire. Glowing, and exploding, just like her insides. She wished she hadn't, but she had actually imagined it once he asked.

God... "I- uh. Well, I don't think I can— uh," she peeped, "imagine it— you're not exactly... Aaron Warner, and your hair's not blonde so..."

His grin grew bigger while he stepped closer. "Before you overheat, you might finally want some breakfast."

But even with this embarrassment, she was more than happy nothing between them had changed after last night's discovery. Like, neither of them acted different and it almost felt even more comfortable.

❤︎︎

"And why exactly did you two skip dinner yesterday?" Newt looked up from his plate.

"I told you, Newt. When Thomas said I had to go get 'em, they were already asleep," Gally announced. "And I wasn't gonna wake 'em up."

Brenda's snort caused her to receive multiple glares. "What?" She looked around, eyes twinkling. "I can't be the only one realizing why they were already asleep at that point."

A few seconds of silence before realization hit most of them. Sam turned to Minho, wide-eyed and with a half open mouth, which begged her to say something in defense. "We didn't— last night, we weren't—," she tried, but laughs made her inaudible.

Ashamed, Sam leaned back in her chair and looked down. The theory her and Minho might've shared their moment last night was understandable, really, but she didn't enjoy it. Maybe it helped overcome more fake things, but this wasn't exactly how she imagined that would go.

She blinked. Ugh, as an eighteen year old, she'd already been ashamed she wasn't that... sexually active, or ever had been. And now, they assumed she'd just sleep with Minho in the middle of the day?

"Sammy and I didn't do anything." Minho stood up from his chair the second after he noticed her change in behavior, while she hadn't even noticed it herself. "The fact that you walked in on us cuddling, doesn't have anything to do with sex." A pause. Then, he felt the need to add, "And use your minds. I really wouldn't just do that while I'm surrounded by you idiots."

Sam wasn't sure if she had to feel more embarrassment or be grateful, but either way, she gave him a nod, the tiniest smile on her lips.

But Thomas had the confidence to say, "I don't believe you."

"I don't think any of us do," Newt added.

Sam shot both boys a glare. "Funny how you're basically replacing yourselves with Minho and I. Heh, Minho? Remember what we heard the other night?"

Thomas's mouth opened, but the action didn't allow him to speak anyway, and even Newt's ears turned red.

The Asian rubbed his chin. "I think I do. What was it again?"

"Shit, Tommy!" Sam mimicked, maybe enjoying this more than the should have.

"Oh— oh gosh, Newt," Minho added, his voice extremely high-pitched.

Sam smiled at the two. "Do you guys have something to share with us?"

❤︎︎

A/n: This chapter barely contains anything interesting and I find it cringe but yeah 😃

Alright, so— previous chapter,
"there's more", said by Minho.. what 'more' do you predict?

- Vera