𝟤𝟫,𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫

SAM wished she didn't know she was about to get yelled at the second she stepped inside that house.

Sadly, she did know. And that was why she tried to linger around Minho just a little longer.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" He asked softly when she hugged him.

Sam shook her head. "It's only gonna get you into more problems. My mom doesn't have to know I was with you."

"Alright then." He let go of her. Placed a kiss on her forehead. "Good luck, Sammy."

"Thank you." She stared at him for a few seconds, eyes bright from happiness. "Dad's home now, so I think I'll be able to watch practices and everything again."

"Okay." He took her hand before she walked away. "Hey— don't be afraid to tell your dad what your mom did, yeah?"

"Yeah." She nodded, squeezing his hand. "Bye, Minho."

"See you, Sammy."

She crossed the dark street and walked up the veranda. One last time, she looked back at Minho, smiled, and then grabbed her keys.

If maybe she could be quiet when she entered and just pretend—

The door opened and she got pulled inside with a rough movement.

Great!

She'd expected her happiness to overtop the fear of getting yelled at, but it didn't. The second her mother pushed her into the living room, her smile was gone. It did come back when she saw her dad standing in the corner, but Edith held her arm so tightly she had no way to hug him.

"Where the hell were you?!"

She looked up at her mother. "Would you just not ruin my mood for once?"

"Would you just listen for once?!" The grip on her arm tightened, and Sam winced. "Where were you, Samira? It's eleven PM! You've been gone since maths class!"

At least Jorge hadn't snitched.

"Can I greet dad first?" She urged. Edith did allow that, but with a cold gaze. Sam hugged her dad as tightly as she hugged Minho before, and felt her heartbeat steady.

"Good to have you back, Cheeri." He patted her on her back. "But where were you? Your mom and I were both so worried."

"I was just—"

"Were you with that exhibitionist?"

Her eyes closed for a second. An exhibitionist. "No, I wasn't with you, Mom."

A gasp left the woman's mouth. "Samira—"

"Sam, Honey." Her father stepped closer. He attempted to lay a hand on her shoulder, but she shook it off. "Let's not—"

"Mom locked me up and stole my phone," she said. Then it came flooding out of her mouth. "She didn't allow me to go anywhere and made me do nothing but study and do chores. She threatened that if I texted Minho, I wouldn't be seeing anyone soon, and she didn't allow Jeff to visit in the weekends. I haven't seen him in weeks. She didn't care that I only caught two hours sleep a night, or wasn't eating dinner anymore, or wasn't doing well at all. She's called me a failure. The most horrible daughter someone could wish for and in the beginning of this school year, she said she loved me because she had to, not because she liked me."

When she finished speaking, her eyes had already filled with tears at the memories.

Sahil looked up at his wife. "Is that true?"

She took a step back, eyes narrowed. "No, of course not— Honey, why would you believe I'd ever—"

A part of Sam wanted to yell what she had told Minho after he finally shared his issues with someone, but she didn't.