𝟦𝟧,𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦

SAM loved her prom dress.

It was a green, glittery one with silk material that slid over her skin in a way it felt satisfying. The back was open, only a few of the green strands crossing over it. It had a small cutout at her left leg, curved around her chest with some extra glitters and was basically perfect to Sam.

But after all, she felt very awkward walking down the stairs while Jeff, her father, and Minho were waiting below it. Her mother insisted to come, but Sam refused even that.

Maybe someday she'd forgive her, but not now.

With a deep inhale, Sam walked down the stairs, praying she wouldn't slip or something.

There he was. White blouse, black suit, small flower on his chest, hair styled, smile big, face beautiful.

Immediately, Sam felt the heat in her face rise and completely forgot about her brother and father by this sight. Smiling, she walked all the way in front of Minho, who's mouth had dropped open.

He stared at her face for a few seconds, then slowly trailed his eyes over her body and straightened hair.

"Man, you look so beautiful." After what felt like forever, his arms wrapped around her and she was able to smell the familiar cologne.

"You look very handsome," she replied, smiling so hard her cheekbones hurt.

❤︎︎

"I swear to god if Thomas shows up wearing a dress," Minho mumbled as they entered the giant decorated prom room.

The new principals for sure hadn't held themselves back. Now, the boys had a male principal, and the girls a female one, which was way better, and two did more than one... like decorate this thing amazingly good.

The ceiling was shining from blue and white lights. High tables were stacked everywhere around the dance floor, where more lights moved over. A mix of sometimes party music and sometimes slow dances, which Sam enjoyed a lot.

"Samir, Minho!" Thomas, without a dress but just a suit that fit him perfectly, came walking over to them. "Y'all lookin' good!"

"Hey, Thomas." Sam smiled for the millionth time that day. "You're not looking so bad yourself. Neither do you, Newt."

"I'm just happy my mom didn't succeeded putting bloody gel in my hair."

Minho curved an eyebrow. "Is that meant personally?"

"Not at all, man." Alby wrapped an arm around Minho. "I don't need gel, though."

Rolling his eyes, Jeff popped between their group. "Yeah, you're already balding."

"I do need gel, now my hair's getting longer." Gally showed up, along with Brenda, Teresa, and Sonya, who were all dress beautifully.

"Y'all look amazing!" Sam encouraged, the happiness warming her while body up. "But no dates?"

"Well, Fry over here—"

"Shut up."

"—is admiring Brenda just a little too much," Gally muttered to just Sam. "And Sonya and Harriet are basically each other's dates. Why? 'Cause I said so."

Sam snickered. "Alright. And you? No date?"

"My time shall come." He smiled at her. "Have fun, Sam. I've got some friends over there. See you later!"

"Alligator," at least half of the group finished.

When another slow dance song came on, two hands caressed her waist before completely slipping around her, and his chin on her shoulder made his voice perfectly audible. "In for a dance, Sammy?"

"Of course." Smiling and blushing at once, she allowed him to lead her to the dance floor.

"Alright. Hands on the waist." He concentrated as he did so. "Your hands on my shoulders, yup. Deep, intense eye contact, and move around without standing on each other's toes."

Everything seemed on fire again. His hands touching her, his indeed deep eye contact with those very admirable brown eyes, his smell, and words.

Everything about him. "I love you," she reminded him.

"I love you." He moved her closer to him, his body heat making everything ten times worse. "I'd say from all the crashes we've had, this is the best one. Crashing ending of the school year."

She couldn't help but to laugh at that. "True."

After their lips got closer for another deep kiss, and they had to hold themselves back from making it too inappropriate, Minho's eyes were squinted and his dimples nearly made her squeal.

"You're smiling so brightly I'd almost think it's fake," she teased.

Somehow, he smiled even brighter. "But plot twist, it was never fake."