𝟢𝟦, 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

HER day included lies, lies, and even more lies. Was she dating Minho? Did she kiss him at the party? Did she talk to him yesterday? Were they really dating?

Yes, yes, yes, and... yes.

"No way."

"Yes way, Jeff."

"You met him yesterday!"

"I didn't. I've known him for a longer time. I just didn't tell you yet."

"Bullshit. You tell me everything!"

"No, I do not," she whispered-yelled, afraid their mom would hear them from across her office.

The siblings were waiting for her to drive them home on the Friday night, and Sam's nails were bitten off from the stress and the idea of telling her about 'dating Minho'.

"You. And Minho? You, the introverted, reading nerd. And Minho, the also introverted, but somehow popular trouble maker? Yeah, no."

"Yeah, yes!" She repeated. "And now I've got to tell mom."

"Minho hasn't exactly left the best impression on mom."

"That's the problem." Sam palmed her face. "Oh, here she comes."

After glancing at her kids, their mom motioned for them to follow her, step into the car, and then they drove away.

Minho

Good luck today
Lmk how it goes

Thanks, I will

Doing her best to smile, she sat down. Her dad already got the spaghetti set and ready to eat, so the welcome went fast.

Sam wasn't ready for this at all. Even if she wasn't worried about the fake dating, she still hadn't been ready. Because the dinners always lead to either crying or arguments.

Yet she shouldn't have been this nervous, but she was. Imagining how her mom would react seemed impossible.

"I've got something to say." She put her fork not even ten minutes into the dinner down. Now, or never. She couldn't be this tense any longer. "And I'm not sure if you're gonna like it."

Her mom's eyes flashed toward Sam dangerously fast. "Yes?"

"I... well. I-," she cleared her throat, "might've gotten a boyfriend."

The silence made her cringe. The tension was so thick she could cut through it. Her parents shared a glance, Jeff watched it happen, and Sam waited anxiously.

"And who is the boy?"

"Minho," she peeped, her voice low.

Her mom's jaw rolled, and her eyes only hardened. "Minho who?"

"Minho Lee," she mumbled.

"Oh, really?"

Normally, she would've sarcastically replied "no, not really", but the fact that would actually be the truth was just... weird.

"Yeah."

"I expected nothing more of you."

Sam stared at the ground. There we go again. "Hm."