𝟣𝟤, 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

"SAMIRA."

She stopped. Sighed, turning around. Awesome. "Mom."

"Where are you going?"

"To watch the basketball practice," she said. It was a week after Thomas invited her over to the trip, and they would leave in five days.

"Perhaps you have time to take a walk first?"

She shrugged. "I guess."

Her mom's gaze softened. "Nice. Come on, Honey."

Swallowing, Sam followed, her head pointed to the ground. "So... what is it? Minho and Jeff are expecting me."

Well, Minho wasn't really, but by now she had watched almost all their practices and it felt weird not to go.

"I heard about the trip you're going on. Jeff's coming too, am I right?"

"Yes." She crossed her fingers in her pockets. Gosh, if her mom would forbid her to join. "I'm allowed to go, right?"

"You seem to be doing good in school, so I think you can." To Sam's surprise, her mother nodded. "And as long as you behave on the trip. Is Minho coming?"

"Yeah," she lowered voice, unsure. The thing he said after the game kept haunting her, just like the few times where he seemed to be in pain again. Could he have been... sick?

"Well, have fun on the trip, I'd say."

Her eyebrows scrunched. "Taking a day off from being the strict mom?"

"As long as you're doing great at school, I don't see a problem. Also, notice any changes in your health since you've been hanging out with Minho less?"

Her eyebrows furrowed even deeper. "...not really."

"I do. You're doing better. Keep it up, don't let him ruin it." She lay a hand on Sam's shoulder, who looked up at her mom.

"What's your problem with Minho, mom?"

She exhaled deeply. Stared Sam in the eyes. "He's a ruthless attention seeker, Honey. It's a time waste, and I don't want you to end up like— the same as him. But I can't stop you from this either. You'll see by yourself."

A shiver went down her spine as she took a sharp inhale. "Do you know what's going on with him? He's been acting so—"

"Even with how much I'd like to warn you, I'm afraid I've been told not to share it with anyone. You're my daughter, I know, but that oath will prove a lot. If I break it..." The sentence ended in another sigh.

"How do you know?" She murmured. She couldn't help the curiosity for jumping out.

"He told me," she stated. "Well, not directly me, but a student coach, who then told me."

Her voice almost turned into a whisper when she wondered, "Is it that big of a deal?"

"No. It is not." Her moms straightened her back. "It's attention seeking. So if you happen to find out about anything, or if he acts more mysterious, don't try to save him just for yourself to fall, Samira."

❤︎︎

"Absolutely not, Minho. Nope, nah-ah, not happening."

The kids left at the eighteenth of December, and they took care of their own vehicle to go to the destination, so Sam was supposed to go in the same car as Jeff, Gally, and Alby... but Minho had other plans.

"You survived last time, and I ain't got this suit for nothing. Come on, Sammy!" He pushed the helmet in her hands. "Plus, we'll be so much faster than the others. All the benefits."