𝟣𝟣, 𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞

THEY didn't see each other much the following weeks.

The day after the game, Sam had gone to watch practice, only to find out Minho wasn't there, and neither of his friends really knew why.

During PE, he hadn't been there either, so she ran alone. The next days, she had seen him, tried to contact him a few times, but he wasn't exactly... going with it. Gave gave short, cut answers.

So by the time it was December, her father had asked if Minho wanted to come over multiple times, because he appeared to like the boy so much, but Sam told him Minho was busy and when she asked Minho himself about it, the boy agreed on being busy. The PE project had been finished with an amazing grade, yet the teamwork got less through the weeks.

To make their relationship seem real after all, they sometimes walked around together or held hands after practice, but not once, they spoke comfortably like they had done in the past. Now it was all the formal stuff about nothing.

She'd asked him if he was okay, because his skin had been paler and bags stood around his eyes. He answered he was fine, as always. Yet the next day, during practice, he had ended up on the floor in pain again, and never, she managed to see the cause. She'd seen Thomas accidentally bump into him, but they couldn't throw him on the ground of pain... right?

Beside all that, her mom hadn't really bothered Sam anymore. Mary read her story and asked Sam about it, and she had just shrugged it off a bit. Her mom was too busy watching over two schools anyways.

And now, she was highlighting some words in her history books when suddenly, something got tossed in front of her face.

"Happy third of December." And he walked away again.

Well.

"Thanks," she mumbled, taking the sweater. A red one, with the white seven on the back: his basketball sweater.

But, she was happy enough with it. She had never gotten a boy's sweater before and the fact Minho knew about the third of December and even due their awkward status, still gave her one, was awesome.

"Girl, the shuck are you doing in the cold with— he gave you your sweater!" Thomas gasped, and sat down next to her. "Put it on!"

Sam chuckled at his reaction and put the sweater on. Unlike Minho being just a little taller than her, the sweater was still way too big. Warm, though it felt so weird to wear.

"Perfect." Thomas clapped in his hands. "It surprises me he even gave you one. I mean, he's been so zoned off these days."

"Right?" She agreed. "I don't understand. I mean... at the first game this season, what happened there— after that, he kind of, you know."

He nodded. "I know. I also know that every normal person has winter depression, so that might be it. Except, Minho's not a normal person."

A sigh left her mouth. "So even you don't know what's going on?"

"Sadly not." Thomas lowered his head. "Maybe we should leave him alone for a while. He doesn't like talking about his feelings anyways."

"That's exactly the problem, Thomas. He doesn't talk, and if our mindset is this, then things might only get worse. What about his parents?"

He shrugged. "They're often gone. Not sure where to, but Minho stays at school most of the weekends."

Sam rubbed her forehead. She couldn't deny that she had found her life a bit boring without Minho, and she was genuinely worried about him. If his parents didn't talk to him, the principal hated him, and his friends were people he didn't want to vent to, then she had no idea if he ever talked to someone.