𝟥𝟦,𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡

NOW more relaxed, Sam moved Minho's hair out of his face. He was sleeping peacefully, his breaths even and bottom lip no longer shaking.

She moved closer. Through the night, she discovered both of them twisted and turned enough to end up face-to-face, their hands connected. Now it was morning, ten AM, and she did still have an unpleasant feeling in her chest.

Right now, Minho seemed okay, but she wasn't sure how he'd feel later on. On the other side, she believed in him and that he'd try hard enough, and wouldn't harm himself. If he did, that would be okay... but that was something she had to keep reminding herself of.

She struggled a bit, knowing that though she wasn't a professional, she wanted to help Minho the best she could. If only it wasn't so... complicated.

Sam let go of a breath. Slowly, she wrapped her arms around him, feeling his muscular body press into hers. Funny how a sassy, 'big' guy like Minho hid so much. Proof you could never base someone on what they went, or are going, through.

Speaking of hiding things, she considered telling her father about what Edith had said in the bus. That if Sam would've been more careful, nothing would've happened, or if she stopped the ones that had the sparkles, everyone would be okay.

Groaning, she took her phone, not wanting to go back to sleep, but also not wanting to leave Minho.

She didn't have much missed texts. Just a few posts on Instagram and information about the fire somewhere online.

Around two o'clock, sparklers were sold in Club Soiree. This resulted in a flame and due to the shock, it was held up against the paper decorations. Because the decorations were not impregnated with a fire repellent, the Christmas tree branches and papers immediately caught fire.

The burning mass came down into the crowded cafe, causing a fierce short fire where the temperature rose to 932 degrees with lots of smoke. The Christmas branches melted, causing a short circuit and the lights went out. The fire extinguished within six minutes due to lack of oxygen.

Her eyes widened at the article. Reading it like that was way different than experiencing the whole fire, and she was happy she got out before all those branches melted to the ground.

Fourteen people died. In addition, 250 people were admitted to hospital, of whom 57 were seriously injured.

Fourteen. She stared at the screen. Fourteen people died. And she couldn't help but think it might've been someone who she stepped on, or someone who she bumped into, or—

"Hey."

Her head snapped toward Minho faster than she wanted it to. "Hi," she murmured, lying back down. "Slept well?"

He nodded. "Yeah. And you?"

She nodded. "Yeah." And gave him a small smile. "Wanna go downstairs? I'm sure breakfast is ready."

"Sure." He kissed her. From surprise, her eyes shot wide open. "Are you okay? Feeling better?"

Sam shrugged, unsure. "I mean, better than last night. But I still feel weird."

"That's not shocking. What happened... it wasn't nothing," he lowered his voice, scooting closer. "Let me know if you're really not okay, alright?"

"I will. You too, please." She took his hand. Intertwined their fingers. "Are you okay?"

His cheeks caught a blush. "Yeah, after that cry, I am. Sorry 'bout that, by the way. It was—"

"It was okay. I didn't mind at all, and you shouldn't be ashamed." She pulled a face. "And again," she turned more serious, "I'm super proud of you."