𝟦𝟣,𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

"GOOD morning."

Sam smiled back at Minho. "Morning." And moved even closer to him, feeling the heat coming off his bare chest.

Last night, he'd been careful and respectful and literally everything, which she might've dropped a few tears at when they cleaned up in the shower, also because he'd freaking cleaned the sheets, made her that shower, washed her hair and body in that shower, said good night by kissing her a million times and saying I love you, gave her clothes she was comfortable in, and cuddled her to sleep.

Honestly, that had been better than the actual moment before all of that.

His arms tightened around her. "You okay?"

She nodded. "I am. Are you?"

"Better than ever," he confirmed, smiling so brightly his eyes squinted and the dimples appeared. Sam smiled at just that.

"So, today..." She let go of a breath. "Your talk with Dad, maybe?"

Funny how when she spoke about her father, it was Dad but when it was about her mother, it was my mother.

"If possible, yes." Minho nodded. "Thanks, Sammy."

She nodded back at him, her smile fading a small bit at her next question, "But if you have to talk to him...?" A pause in which neither of them spoke. "Have things been getting worse? Are you really oka—"

"I've only got something important to tell him. And thank him for his help," the boy told her. "Don't worry. I'm okay."

"Okay." Her heartbeat calmed again.

❤︎︎

The same night Minho spoke to Sahil, her parents were yelling.

After a good five minutes, Sam walked downstairs to hear what it was even about, and listened in the hallway just when they seemed to calm down a bit.

"Honey, please just listen—"

"I told you I didn't do it! Sahil, how could you believe him over me? I'd truly never do that. I may not always be that nice, but I'm not that cruel either."

"I'd love to believe you. But Edith, Sam spoke to me a few times and I'm concerned. Minho mentioned your behavior a few times too and we can't go through dinner without having arguments. We've talked about this before and all of these acts are affecting even Jeff."

A frustrated sigh. "Samira and I don't always get along, I know. I will admit that. But please don't believe a boy who's own parents couldn't even afford to love him, over your wife."

Her breathing hitched in her throat. A boy who's own parents couldn't even afford to love him.

She never went in detail about Minho's parents.

He said he didn't see them much. That they weren't home much.

But nothing else.

How often did he really see his parents?

"Honey, this is what I mean. You cannot base someone else off things like that. And I know you're my wife, but after everything, I can't just ignore both Sam and Minho's calls."

"Sahil—"

"Every time I try to talk to you, you're suddenly busy. The last time we kissed, was I don't even know how long ago. We're not... in a healthy relationship, Edith. We haven't been since Sam started elementary school."

"You're right." Another sigh. "It's her fault. Look, I'll go talk—"

"Her fault?"

Sam bit her lip, swallowing that hurt away.