𝟣𝟪,𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭

⚠︎︎⚠︎︎

IT was about two hours after lunch that day, and Sam tried to hold her temper.

Minho locking himself up in their room made her unable to take anything from her suitcase. But she didn't want to bother him again, so she sat on the couch doing absolutely nothing for... quite a while.

Another annoying thing was that when you are on holiday for two weeks with the same group, everyone eventually gives up on the group activities and does their own thing.

So, she was alone with Fry, who was cooking and claimed he didn't need her "horrible, shitty ass skills" to help, and Minho.

And she had planned to finish her book, if only that stupid thing didn't lay on her nightstand.

"You're staring at me. And it's creepy, Sam. Go do something," Fry said, chuckling.

She sighed. Lay a hand on her forehead. "Fine," she muttered as she got up. "I'll check up on Minho right away."

Wondering if he was ready to talk, she walked up the stairs. If he was still snappy and not in for anything, she'd leave him alone.

Her breathing staggered. With each step closer to the bedroom, the cries turned more audible.

Sam hesitated. He'd hate her for interrupting and seeing him cry, but on the other side, she wished to give him comfort and a hug.

Carefully, she knocked on the door. The sounds stopped immediately and right after that, she could hear things fall down. "Hey, Minho? Is it okay if I just grab my stuff real quick?"

"One sec," it sounded, rushed and unsteady.

Sam waited, patient but feeling her stomach knot together. The door opened not long after Minho's response, revealing him with glassier eyes than normal, and a bit of a pouty lip.

He stepped aside. Pretended he didn't know she heard him cry, or pretended he didn't cry at all. So Sam casually walked in and unzipped her suitcase. "Are you alright?"

It took him a few seconds and a panicked, ragged breath to reply, "Yeah, I guess. You?"

"I'm... worried." She stopped opening the suitcase for a second, taking her time to look at him. "About you. But I won't bug you. Just... please let me know if I can help. Or if you just need a hug. Anything at all."

"Thanks." His Adam's apple moved. Sam could sense how tense he was. How stressed, for some reason. "I'll keep it in mind. Same for you."

As a shiver ran down her spine, she realized she had no reason to look in her suitcase and just grabbed both her phone and her book from the nightstand. Sitting down on the bed, she looked down at her book.

And past it. On the ground.

Blood.

Her head snapped up at Minho, who's eyes widened with more panic and got glazed over again. "Are you hurt?" She wondered.

His mouth opened, but no sound came out. He averted his eyes, then his head. Shook it as he sat down. "No," but it came out as a whisper.

Sam blinked. Hesitated again. Her mind was spinning when she got up. "Do I have to be concerned?"

"No," he mumbled, lowering his head after he walked closer to the door. A choked... cry, sob, whimper, whatever, escaped his mouth.

She got up before he disappeared out of sight completely, not wanting to leave him this upset, so took his arm.

Minho hissed. He pulled his arm back fast, pressing it on his stomach.
Pain. Always, pain.

Her blood turned cold. For a second, her brain seemed to stop working, and then, everything faded for a second. Turned blurry.