𝟤𝟦,𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠

"MOM."

"No, Samira. I told you."

"Please, goddamnit! Just for three seconds!"

"Go upstairs."

"Mom—"

"You're not lending my phone."

"But Minho— Mom, I have to speak to him— just for a second, please—"

"I've explained to you, you're not hanging out with him for a while and it's not my fault you can't find your phone. You're not lending mine. I don't want that," some horrific nicknames toward Minho, "to have access to my number."

"I'll delete it. Mom, just one single call. One!" She followed the woman around the house. "I have to know if he's okay! Or at least let me ask Newt, Mom, please—"

"No, Samira. No."

She nearly bursted out in tears. "You-you... I hate you! I hate you so much I'd almost fail everything on purpose, if it weren't for my future. You've locked me up here for a week already and don't even allow me to speak to someone after school. What the hell, Mom— not even to Jeff!"

"Get in your room."

She crossed her arms. Looked up. "I'm not going anywhere until I've texted Minho."

"You're going into your room," she commanded, and clasped her hand around Sam's upper arm so hard it made her wince. "If I catch you sending an email or anything like that to him," she said, dragging her daughter upstairs, "you won't be seeing anyone for much longer."

"I'll tell Dad!" Sam threatened. Another cry left her mouth when she got pushed inside her room. "I'll tell Dad," the door slammed closed in front of her, "when he gets back home!"

Then, she sat down on the ground, her back sliding against the door as she did so. She buried her head in her hands, frustrated.

Minho said harming himself turned into a literal part of his routine. Now, Newt and Sam both knew, but only Newt could currently help, while she wished she could too. She had to. She couldn't leave him hanging like that, and everybody was probably confused why she wasn't watching practices, or seeing her friends.

She sighed. Decided she could try contacting some people at school the next day.

Exhaustion hit her when she sat down on her bed. She hadn't been sleeping well, knowing she couldn't be there for Minho. And she'd spend a lot of time studying, though only half of the things got through her mind.

Tomorrow, a Spanish test. She barely knew anything about what Jorge had taught them, which was new. She always understood the subjects. In the past, she barely had to study for the languages.

Now, she knew nothing.

So gave up and crawled under the sheets.

❤︎︎

"Good luck, everyone." Jorge handed everyone the papers they needed, then sat down at his desk.

Sam stared at the paper. Blinked a few times, and rubbed sleep out of her eyes. She hadn't managed to fall asleep early, for some reason.

Bolígrafo. Pf, that was an easy one. She got it in seventh grade already.

Pen.

Wait— pen or pencil?

No. Lápiz was... what was it?

She skipped those for a second, though she knew the first few exercises on the tests were beginner level. The easy ones, to get used to it.