𝟥𝟣,𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

ON Thursday, Sam and Jeff ate dinner at home, both aware they would be staying at Thomas's house in the weekend. Exact reason why they invited themselves home now.

"So..." Jeff broke the awkward silence. After their father discovered what Edith had done, neither of the parents seemed very comfortable. "Thomas invited us over for a sleepover this weekend. Can we go?"

"As long as you won't get into trouble."

Sam cleared her throat. "And Minho and I are going to the cinema this Friday. That alright, too?"

If it weren't alright, she'd go anyways.

"Yeah, sure."

"So we're not hating on Minho today?" Sam straightened her back at her mother, who nodded in agreement with Sahil. "That's new."

"There's other things going on right now. The school has some problems."

She hummed. "I mean, with that principal..."

"Sorry?"

Sam coughed louder. "Uh— I asked what was going on."

"Teachers are missing answer models," Edith summarized.

She nearly choked on her food. Those answer models were definitely the ones she stole with Minho. "Well, it wouldn't surprise me that much. At least half of the students wants free answers. Good luck with that search party."

Her mother sighed, but nodded. Then, she changed the subject. "What movie are you going to?"

"I don't know. Minho invited me and I simply agreed." Sam stabbed her fork into a potato. "Jeff, what do you think?"

"Minho's taste in movies is the most random ever." The boy shrugged. "From horror to romcoms, I swear."

"We better not go to a horror movie." She now stabbed her fork into the food a bit more aggressive. "Though I don't think Minho would let me go through that torture."

He totally would if it lead to Sam crawling on his lap from fright.

❤︎︎

A day later, Sam dressed into beige cargo pants, and a white, long-sleeved top, and had put on her Converse shoes. Her hair was down. She had filled it with enough water and gel for it to sit nicely, and not look like she'd been electrocuted.

Big smiles were stuck on both their faces when they saw each other, Sam nearly running toward Minho while he sat on his motorcycle, her helmet already in his hands.

"Hey," she greeted, and couldn't help but to kiss him. "I got you these. It's stupid, but I—"

His finger on her lips stopped her from speaking already. Gratefully, Minho took the paper roses out of her hands, the fake bouquet she had made when she had been bored after school.

"They're beautiful," he assured. "Not stupid. Beautiful and not stupid, like you!"

Sam smiled at the cheesy comment. "I'm glad you like them."

"I told you I would." He smiled back. "I wanted to buy you roses, but the store ran out and my motor would've ruined them anyway."

"The movie is already enough," she assured fast, blushing. "Can't wait for you to pay for my enormous bag of popcorn."

He raised his eyebrows. "Can't wait for you to pay for my bag of chips."