𝟤𝟨,𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐬

HER mother wasn't home for the rest of that night.

Which gave Sam access to literally anything.

She noticed that even after the small conversation with Gally and the one with Jorge, she only started to feel better at the time. Still, she was getting more hope for herself, and to see Minho again.

Because she missed him. A lot. Probably more than she should have.

So to fix that, she snuck inside her mom's office. If she could send him an email on her laptop, and delete it on her laptop after telling Minho he wasn't supposed to reply to it, no one would notice anything and he'd know she was still alive, and when to meet her. Because her mom wouldn't look in her deleted emails, right?

She opened the door with the key she might've stolen earlier, and gasped the second she walked inside.

Her blood ran cold. A literal shiver went down her spine before she frowned. Her mother really was that cruel.

No way— her phone.

On the desk. Just in the open, lying there like it hadn't been stolen for almost three weeks.

Sam grabbed it, didn't give a single shit about her plan, and walked out of the office after making sure she left no evidence of herself behind.

Her phone, she'd hide in her room. Her mom wouldn't find it.

And then, she gasped another time.

Min ❤️

January 9th, 02:15 PM

Hey
So I was wondering if maybe we could meet up soon, and talk about what happened in that room.
'Cause I might have some urgent things to say
Lmk

Can't be there.

January 11th, 04:39 PM

Hey, Sammy!!!
You weren't at practice today :( it's honestly stressing me out, because you're always there. Are you alright?? Let me know !

I'm alright.

January 12th, 09:21 AM

Me, again. I hope it's not annoying you. Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry if I did. Please tell me if I can help or anything, or at least let me know if I did do anything!!

06:59 PM

Sammy?
Please reply

January 15th, 10:40 PM

I'm worried about you, Sammy. Sonya and Teresa said you haven't been in your dorm for over a week and I missed you at practice again.
I wore less bracelets, if it helps :)
No one noticed, luckily, but it's the gesture. And I learned this awesome trick with the ball. You're gonna like it!!
Just respond
x

January 16th, 05:33 PM

Brenda told me she knew Jorge gave you Spanish today. He said you already left when Thomas and I asked where you were, but promised he'd talk to you.

06:17 PM

Want to meet up soon?

08:25 PM

Newt's helping me. I know you told me you wanted to help very badly, so to let you know, I'm actually doing okay, so far.
I'd do even better if you can reply, though :)
Did your phone break?

January 18th, 01:15 AM

I can't sleep, ha
No one's online. My last hope is you, but I don't think you're up either.
I've seen your mom at school, and Jeff told me that she told him you're doing fine. No details, though. Need to talk?

03:39 AM

Still can't sleep.
I'm not sure why I'm even texting you anymore at this point.
I think your phone is broken, then.
In for a midnight walk? Motorcycle ride? Perhaps we could get hot chocolate tomorrow.

January 20th, 07:16 PM

I really want to see you again, Sammy. We could talk about what happened in that room, or literally just anything at all.

08:30 PM

I'm sorry, Sammy.

08:33 PM

I did really try.

08:40 PM

But if it gives any comfort, Newt brought bandages.
I know I shouldn't bother you with it, though. All I'm saying is that I'm okay now, and that if you ever need help, Newt is also here.
We're all kind of here for you

January 22th, 04:15 PM

School just finished for today and it's been two weeks since it started again. We haven't seen each other in three weeks. Honestly, that's scandalous! Wanna meet up?

06:33 PM

By the way, basketball games are starting again. Wanna come and watch at least one? I practiced a lot !!
It won't disappoint, I promise.
Hope to see you soon, Sammy x

January 26th, 09:51 PM

I've been trying not to text you again but today Gally told me he spoke to you. You said your phone was broken and that you were doing alright, which I'm very glad about!! (Not your phone, though)
Wait, I'm not actually sure why I'm still texting you while your phone doesn't work. Maybe you're letting it get repaired.
So if you happen to see this, in to tell me all about the books you've probably been drowning in as we drink hot chocolate?

When she finished reading all the missed texts, she was in tears and her heart was ripping itself apart.

With shaking hands, she typed back as fast as she could, before her mom came home and she wouldn't have the chance to.

Though if her mom confronted her about having her phone, she'd betray she was the one that took it.

Which was unbelievable, still.

Min ❤️

January 28th, 07:16 PM

Hey, Minho
I'm so sorry I didn't reply. It's a long story, but my phone was gone. There's also a long story behind why I wasn't at practices or couldn't meet up. I was very happy when you showed up at my house, though
I'm not angry at you for anything. Unfortunately I won't be able to meet you after or before school, but if skipping a class means finally seeing you, I wouldn't mind doing it.
I'm glad you're okay. I might not text back anymore, so expect me to be behind the sport building tomorrow, at noon.
I hope to see you
- Sam

Knowing he had been worried about her gave her a scary amount of comfort, so finally, she was able to sleep.