𝟥𝟫,𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤

HER eyes opened with a groan.

Sam's first instinct was to move. It shot a slight pain through her shoulder, but she could live with that.

"Sam!"

The voice made her groan again. Her head ached, and it took a few seconds for her to regain memories.

Once she did, she shot up, not giving a single klunk about how badly that hurt. "Where's Minho? Is he okay? Jeff, we crashed and I understand don't know what happened— tell me Minho is okay and—"

"He's fine," her brother assured. Beside him sat her mom, who was staring at her daughter with pity.

"Not hurt?" She urged.

"Maybe some bruises, but he seemed okay."

She sat up even straighter. "Seemed? What do you mean, seemed? Where is he?!"

"Calm down. You're going to give yourself a head concussion, Sam," Jeff warned. "Minho is okay. He claimed he called Dad first, but he's at a business meeting so didn't pick up. Then Minho called me."

"But where is he?" Sam bit out, impatient and worried as hell. She took a glare at the clock.

Seven in the morning. She'd been out for at least five hours. They left Newt's house at two.

"He went home," her mother explained. "Insisted to go by himself—"

"No," Jeff cut her off. And Sam immediately knew who spoke the truth.

Minho wouldn't leave her while she was hurt.

"You sent him home," he corrected. Panic crashed into Sam. "You yelled at him."

"I was speaking the truth, Jeff," their mother spat. "Minho should've been more careful on the road. He should've known it wasn't smart to ride in the rain."

Sam's eyes widened. "What did you yell at him?"

"That I don't want him to get involved with you again. I knew something like this would happen! He's a reckless idiot, Samira. I told him about his faults and I'm really hoping he changes in that."

Maybe she was overreacting, but she couldn't breathe. Oxygen was thick and wouldn't get past the panic in her throat and chest, which were hurting like crazy. "You told him that it's his fault?!" She almost screamed.

Edith shot up, pointing a finger at Sam. "It is his fault, and at least he's aware of it now! Lie back down and recover from this fool accident, Samira. I don't want you to hang out with him again."

Tears nearly sprung in her eyes, but she held them back. If her mother told him it was his fault while Minho probably already blamed himself, things were bad.

The girl rushed up. Minho's house was just a few miles away from hers. She could make that.

"Samira, get back here!" Her mother attempted to grab her arm, but Sam pushed the woman away, anger consuming.

Then, she went for the run.

❤︎︎

Could people die from harming themselves?
She didn't know.

Had her father helped Minho enough to prevent this?
She didn't know.

"Hey!"

Before Sam could even continue running, her arm got grabbed and she was pulled closer to a dark alley.

A dark figure stood in front of her, his posture letting her know it was a male, but she didn't recognize his smell or voice when he slugged some drunk words about how she was a pretty girl and he'd love to take care of her.