𝟣𝟨,𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚

ON Christmas Eve, they all gathered around the couch. Some sat on it, others sat on the grounds, and a few leaned against the wall.

Fry lay his hands on his lap. "How exactly are we gonna do this?"

"I suggest we take turns and take a present with your own name on it. Open it, and guess who gifted it," Newt recommended. "That alright?"

Everyone agreed.

"Newt, you start."

The blonde picked up a present, unpacked it, and pulled a face. Frowned. "Uh— a milk bottle?"

"For your children! Ya know, Mama Newt."

Eventually, he managed to laugh at it. "Alright, alright— I think... Fry gave me this." But the boy shook his head. "Hm. Then... Jeff?"

"You got it!" Her brother clapped in his hands, taking a present too. "My turn. It's— oh my god." He buried his head in his hands. "This was Sam."

"A razor for the three hairs on your chin." She winked before she unwrapped one of her presents. "Minho!" A gasp. "You did not—"

A red tote bag with "𝐈 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐍" in giant green letters.

The Asian grinned. "I damn well did. By the way, seriously, Gally? A bauble?" He held a pink ball in the air, where a picture of himself with flat hair and a red face was printed on.

Gally crooked a grin too. He ripped the paper off his present. "Well, I don't know who gave me... what even is this?"

Brenda and Sonya bursted out, giggling and nearly rolling off the couch.

"Lemme see!" Thomas peeked at the package. "Oh my god— it's an eyebrow kit!"

For a second, Sam was stunned, then she laughed just as hard as the girls. Brenda admitted she had gifted him that, then took her own present.

"Oh, damn!" She gulped. The golden necklace shined in front of her eyes, the snake on it for sure causing a good impression. "I'm guessing, Teresa?"

"Got it," the girl confirmed. "Cigarettes?" With a small smirk, she opened the package of cigarettes. "Damnit, it's candy canes. Must've been Fry."

"True." The boy grabbed his present. "Seriously, a frypan?"

Sam chuckled when he accused her of it, confirmed it, and grabbed another present that belonged to her.

"Oh, wow!" She unfolded the blanket, trailing her eyes over the pattern. Red, green, and white colors. "Was it you, Thomas?"

"Yup." He claimed a present for himself. "Why is it a box with a question mark?"

"The fact that you ask that, is the answer." Minho snickered before he took a cupcake off the plate, and then unpackaged the hair gel Newt got him.

Only at two a.m., they finished the ritual. Brenda fell asleep with her head in the popcorn, Sonya had a hard time keeping her eyes open, and Thomas did his best to pop the last food in his mouth.

Sam ended up with a few new books, tote bags, food, and Thomas's blanket.

"These cupcakes suck," Frypan commented. "What's that supposed to represent? A Christmas tree? And why so much salt?"

"Dude." Minho took ahold of his shoulders. "One is able to bake, the other one gets the ladies."

"Dude." Frypan turns around. "You have a girlfriend."

Minho looked at the crossed-armed Sam for a second. "I was joking. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if I have millions of ladies to protect anyway."

Sam slapped him on the back of his head. "The only thing you need to protect is your masculinity. Hey, by the way— turn the cupcake around and it's a perfect... ice cream cane."

"Sure, sure." Frypan chuckled. "I'll just go stop TommyBoy from eating himself to death." And he left.

Sam ate part of the cupcake. "Genuinely," she said, mouth still half full, "they're not that bad."

But he gasped in an overly dramatic way. "The principal's daughter talking with her mouth full! Manners, damn."

"We can't all be Newts or Frypans." She elbowed him in the side. "Mh—" She swallowed the food away. "—thanks for the tote bag."

"That thing sucks."

"No, it doesn't. I love tote bags, and I kind of like porn on paper, so I will bring that bag everywhere."

He shook his head, face full of disbelief. "No, you won't."

"Yes, I will." She jumped on top of the counter. "I so will. Especially because you will have to live in shame of your girlfriend. 'Cause no one's gonna care about what I do except for my mom, but you know, if she's getting me a forced marriage, I might as well just read about age differences already."

"That's not funny."

"I think it's very funny." Sam jumped off the counter already and threw away the mould of the cupcake. "I think I'm very funny in general."

"I'm not sure if I agree." His eyes trailed down. Focused on one point for a second. "Hey, you got a little..." He motioned at her lips.

Awkward and quick, Sam wiped the leftover cupcake off. Her cheeks turned red. "You just made this very awkward. Also, why exactly, Minho, were you staring at my lips?"

"Am I not allowed to stare at my girlfriend's lips?"

"You're not," she agreed. "How about you go tuck everyone in, and I will take a shower? Yeah? Yeah." She smiled. Gave him a pat on the shoulder. "I appreciate it, man."

"Shuck off," he groaned.

She held up a middle finger before disappearing upstairs.

Her shower included shaving, washing her hair, a hair mask, scrubbing, and was so steaming hot that when she came out, she felt dizzy and the bathroom was full of haze.

With her phone in her hands, she sat down on her bed, completely ignoring the fact it was past three a.m. now. She wasn't even the only one still awake. So when she finished checking her phone, she walked downstairs. Joined the movie that Teresa, Alby, and Gally were watching.

"So, how's everyone doing?" She lay back, a pillow tightly between her arms.

"Good," Gally replied. He buried himself deeper under a blanket. "You?"

"Good." She smiled.

There, another night where she fell asleep on the couch.
Teresa's head on her lap, her head on Gally's shoulder, while his legs lay half on top of Alby, who almost fell off the couch.