𝟢𝟧, 𝐏𝐄

AFTER an already long day, it was time for PE and even though Sam was a great runner, she wasn't exactly motivated for this project.

They gathered in a gym room. Sonya, Teresa, and Sam sat somewhere in a corner. Teresa pointed at two girls in the distance, who appeared to be the earlier named Brenda and Harriet, and explained how they met, et cetera.

Both boys and girls were spread around the place. Around the area where Sam noticed Jeff, Minho, Thomas, Newt, and Alby, also stood more girls than she had spoken to in her whole life... which proved a lot about the boys' status.

Sam didn't really bother listening to the teacher because she already knew what they were going to do, so she only got up when groups would be made.

Hopeless, she watched the crowd get louder. It made sense she would go with Minho, unless he had other plans, but that would've ruined the whole purpose of the fake dating act.

The boy squeezed his way through all the people around him and let go of a breath when he arrived next to Sam, running a hand through his hair. "Hi," he said, voice firm.

"Hey." Sam trailed her eyes over the space again. The people who weren't on the basketball team wore black leggings or shorts, and a red shirt.

Minho was in red, with a seven on his back. Shorts and a simple shirt, white wristbands, white shoes.

"Are you good at running?" She looked up at him.

He tilted his head. "You could say that. What about you?"

"You could say that."

A small smile crooked on his lips. "We'll see."

"You say that too much," she commented. "Perfect example of why you might be failing classes. Oh, I got a geography test... I'll see how it goes!"

"Would you stop insulting me for my bad grades?"

"As long as you don't try to make them good... no, I won't."

"Fine, Nerd. I'll continue to insult you for reading the things you apparently can't seem to get."

She elbowed him in the side. "At least I read. Moving on, what about the nicknames? Us arguing isn't gonna make anything more believable so please tell me you made some of those up."

"I got plenty."

"Spill."

"Cute Patootie, Snuggle Bear, Honey Bee, Princess Poo-Poo, and Giggles."

She pulled a face. "Ahw, Little Pudding. You're so sweet."

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. I got Samantha, as in Frozen, Samuel, so I can annoy you. Or Salami, Sammy... maybe Sandwich."

"Idiotic."

"Don't expect me to call you Love, or Sunshine, or Butterfly, or whatever else those men call their girls. Little Mouse? Ridiculous. Samuel or Sammy or Salami, or nothing at all."

"We'll see," she spat. Okay... in the beginning she liked him, but now that was fading a bit. "Let's just go. Grab a stopwatch and go outside."

He did obey to that and later, they were standing somewhere in the middle of the woods with a large group of other kids around them. The teacher told them they were going to run about six miles. It was fine if they started walking midway because this was just to warm up.

Nah, Sam wasn't going to stop running until Minho did, and he seemed fit enough to run the six miles.

"Make sure you stay with your partner, even though this is just the start exercise," the teacher called, then blew on his whistle. "Let's go!"