𝟤𝟩, 𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧

FINALLY, she was able to meet Minho.

In the morning, her excitement overtopped the fact there could be chances it was going to be awkward.

She decided to dress a little better than the last weeks, in which her uniform had looked awful, and then struggled to do her hair.

What would Minho like?
She nearly slammed her head against the wall. She wasn't supposed to care about what Minho would like!

In the past, she did whatever she liked. Never, it depended on what a boy would think, 'cause she had never been in love with one before.

Well, not like this, at least.

In the weeks for summer vacation to January, almost February, she fell hard. The past month had been awful and though she didn't spend a lot of time being in love with him then, he did kind of show up in her dreams, when she was able to sleep.

Nearly jumping up and down, she waited for the clock to hit noon. That's when she would have a twenty five minute lunch break, and then Spanish. Jorge wouldn't mind if she showed up a bit late... or not at all. Hopefully he wouldn't betray her to her mother.

"Sam?" Excited the girl didn't lock herself up in the toilets for once, Brenda and Harriet stopped her from waking out of the building. "Hey— wanna sit with us?"

"Uh—" Taken aback, she froze. "Another time? Sorry, I've got things to do. See ya!"

She rushed away before they could protest, on her way to the sport building and you know who she would meet behind it.

With the pace she walked, it didn't take long for her to arrive, and see he was already there.

"Minho," she breathed, attacking him with a hug before he had the chance to look at her longer than a second.

Her heart nearly sprung out of her chest from happiness. She hadn't seen him for almost a month and after reading those texts, especially the one where he apologized and said he did really try, she only missed him more.

His hand rested on the back of her head as the other one slipped around her waist tightly enough for him to pull her so close that no space was left between them.

She felt his body push against hers. The simple smell of his deodorant and something floral. Her cheek touched his soft one, and he ran his hand up and down her back for a few seconds.

Then, they let go. Looked at each other for a while, which might've been a weird sight for other people, but probably heaven for Sam.

"I'm so sorry," she apologized quietly. "I wish I had been there to help, but my mom... you know, she was—"

"Don't worry about it." He took both of her hands. "Really, I only lost it once. The only thing I'm worried about right now, is honestly you."

She smiled poorly. "I've been doing better by the time, don't worry."

"Sammy," his hands squeezed hers, "I want to help you too. You help me, I help you. Don't keep all of it to yourself, please."

Sam looked down in shame. "My mom..." she started. "My mom kind of isolated me. She didn't allow me to sleep in my dorm, and she didn't want me to see you, purely because she guessed, just like others, we did things... together, you know...?" Embarrassment made her cheeks turn red. "And then my phone was gone. She said I probably lost it, but when I looked inside her office yesterday, it lay there. She'd texted you things and then started ignoring the things you sent back, without me knowing.

"She made me study, but I couldn't keep my mind off you when I studied for Spanish, because I was worried as hell. And for some reason, I couldn't fall asleep either. I got an F for Spanish, and then a lot more F's for other subjects. The longest I've slept in a month was yesterday, and after I spoke to Gally," she explained. "My dad is on a business trip, but he'll be home by tomorrow and I'm not sure if my mom is gonna pretend like nothing happened or tell him she doesn't want me to sleep in my dorm."