𝟢𝟪, 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

"WHERE are my cigarettes?!" Teresa around the room, trashing clothes and bags on the ground.

"The cleaner took 'em," Sam muttered. All this noise distracted her from the card game she was playing with Sonya. "And please don't bring them inside here again. I took the blame and that... cost me some yells."

Eventually, Teresa's gaze softened. "Alright. Thanks for doing that, Sam. I owe you."

She nodded. "By the way, how was that meeting in the woods last Monday?"

"Great!" A smile flashed onto Sonya's face. "We sneaked some alcohol with us and certainly laughed at Thomas once he drank a little too much. Sorry you had to spent that time getting caught for Teresa's cigarettes." She looked at the girl. "Yes, you damn well owe her!"

Sam shrugged a bit. "Don't worry about it. It already happened and I know you're grateful for what I did."

"Ah-ah, I'm gonna show I'm grateful with more than just words." Teresa sat down next to them. "I'll buy you... a book."

Well, she wasn't gonna refuse that offer.

"Really?" Her face lit up.

Laughing, Teresa grabbed her phone. "Sure. Which one?"

As Sam rubbed her chin, she hummed. Was thoughtful for a while. "Believe Me by Tahereh Mafi. I still haven't read that novella."

A minute later, "Bought!"

"You know what?" Sonya leaned closer. "We should totally make a tradition here. Once a month, we clear our closet and bring the clothes we don't want anymore here, so we can 'shop'. Good idea, right?"

"Yes, please!"
"Definitely!"

Sam's smiled widened. This was exactly what she had wanted all the time. Some real friendships without her mother interfering with them.

Ugh, her mother. But she barely felt like one. Not one time in Sam's life, her mother had shown care to her. Not one time, she hadn't favorited Jeff over Sam.

Doing your best for grades is the bare minimum, no it wasn't. It was ruining Sam. Day in and out, writing summaries of each period she had. Studying for the upcoming tests and watching the candles run out as she worked, or the ice cubes melt. Flinching at the alarm she sometimes set so she would know when it had gotten so late that she had no other choice but going to bed.

She sighed. Fidgeted with her pen as Teresa was showering and Sonya changed into her pajamas, then took her phone when it made a sound.

Unknown Number

Yo !
This is Gally. Jeff gave me your number

Oh hey!!
Hru?

Good, you?

Fine. Just got a lot to study

I'll stop bothering you then
R you gonna watch our match next week?
It's outside

I'll see if I can make it. Night!

Good night !! 

Another sigh left her mouth. And there she went, sitting in the corner of the lounge with the bright light of her laptop blinding her eyes through the darkness. Her foot hit the ground over and over again, and she tasted blood coming off the lip she kept biting because of what homework she had gotten for English.

To write something about your family. It didn't matter if it was in the concept of an email, a poem, a story, or anything else, it just had to include correct grammar.