𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬

"Let's change into normal clothes before we go to my dad," Sammy decides, and motions at the stairs that were on our right. "Come on."

I'm kind of nervous for attending her house for the first time knowing that one of her parents already hates me.

"Admit the motorcycle wasn't that scary," I say. "Even though you were clinging around me like a koala."

Not gonna say I didn't enjoy that.

Also, she's walking up the stairs right now and I glare at her for one second before I immediately look down, not wanting to disrespect her though I can feel my stomach do a flip.

"I was clinging around you like a koala for a reason." She turns around with a sigh . "Come on now."

"I get it, I get it- I'm flustered too, but I'd really prefer to act like a gentleman instead of having awesome, by the way, view of your ass- ow!"

She didn't have to throw a shoe at me!

Maybe I shouldn't have added the awesome.

Too flirty?

Hm, no.

"Follow me and just look down as you do so."

I clear my throat as I obey. I change in the bathroom as Sammy does in her bedroom, and I wonder what it looks like. Probably cozy and full of books.

"Ready?"

I put my hands on my hips. "I'll be a gentleman."

She scoffs, then opens the door only to get attack by a hug as the man I assume is her father yells her name out ik happiness.

"And this must be Minho. Nice to meet you, Buddy."

A small, curly-haired man stands in front of me, his smile welcome enough.

I shake his hand. "Likewise, Sir."

Be a gentleman: check.

Sammy sits down next to Jeff's chair while that boy gets up and gives me our usual hug.

"Yo, man! Good to see you."

I claim the other seat next to Sammy. "Smells good here."

Compliments: check.

"Looks good, Dad." She smiles.

Ugh, her smile.

I try not to stare at how adorable she looks.

"So." Her father looks around. "How were your days?"

"Good!" With an already stuffed mouth, Jeff holds up his thumb. "Dad and I went fishing this morning, Sam."

"That's... cool."

She definitely doesn't find it cool.

"I went shopping and then backpacked on Minho's motorcycle. Never gonna do that again."

I mentally protest.

But I chuckle under my breath. "It was pretty cool. Come on."

"Cool it is," her father agrees. "Nice, Minho. And what'd you buy, Sam?"