Twenty

"Gaius!"
When he came into the room, he saw that Gaius wasn't there. He was probably out to the market, or seeing some new patients.
Gaius had been talking to him about a prophecy, Lucy had been talking about a prophecy... He would really like to know what this prophecy was about.
Luckily, there was a book open on the table. It was nothing for Gaius to leave books open on the table, specially when the book was about magic, but Merlin would later say it was meant to be like this.

The last remaining priestess will bring war upon all
The guardian and Emrys will interfer
Elements and powerful forces on their sides
Their price will be high,
All for a new dawn

This had to be the prophecy. And it did not mean a lot of good.
Merlin sat down at the table, and decided to give the prophecy a better look.
"The last remaining priestess will bring war upon all." That was definitely Morgana, for sure. She would bring war upon them. Why wasn't he surprised?
"The guardian and Emrys will interfer." He would play his part in the war against Morgana, that was something what would happen too. But the guardian... Would that be Lucy? According to Kilgharrah, he and Lucy were hands from the same body. It could be her. He... He was almost sure it was her, specially when he read the last three sentences of the prophecy.
"Elements and powerful forces on their sides,
Their price will be high,
All for a new dawn."

The great dragon had told him that both of them would suffer, to achieve new powers, to evolve, all for a battle which could be fought by magic and magic alone. That was obviously the reason he had to teach Arthur about the ways of the old religion. And the new dawn... Would that be the aftermath? A new world after the ultimate battle?
He turned a few pages, and his eye fell on another prophecy. A very interesting one.

At the dawn of a new world, two ultimate leaders will stand,
King of the once and the future, Lady with the kindness of heart,
Brother and sister united,
Bound by magic and love,
Guarded and guided by those who have been there before.