Forty

In the days following after the battle of Camelot, a lot of things happend. People tried to get back to their normal lives again, while Arthur said Goodbye to queen Annis, with the promise Camelot would help them when they needed it.
During healing from this battle, the castle and his inhabitants prepared theirselves for the day princess Ygraine and prince Tom would be presented to the world, as the newborn prince and princess of Camelot. People from all kingdoms would come, to present gifts from their Kingdom, and celebrations would be hold. Honestly, they were already preparing some celebrations, not only for the special day of the twins. Winning a battle like this had to be celebrated, with celebrations so special, no one had ever seen them.
Unfortunately, there was also a shadow over these celebrations. Since the battle, Merlin nor Lucy had left their room. To be honest, Merlin had not even woken up yet.
Each day, Lucy sat on her bed, knees until her chin, arms around her legs.
She never spoke a word.
The knights were still keeping watch over them, and on the third day after the battle, when Lancelot was holding watch, Lucy asked something to Gaius, through the voice in their minds.
"She asks why none of the knights are leaving them alone," Gaius said.
"Because we are affraid you might feel alone, and we don't want you to," had been Lancelot his response.
After Lancelot had left that day, Gaius had decided to try talking to Lucy.
"It needs a lot of time to heal from what you and Merlin have been through. None of us will ever understand what happend to the two of you, my girl, but don't you think it would be better if you left the room for a day? There is nothing we can do for him, anyway. Merlin has to find his way back to us all by himself."
It took a long time before she answered, but this time, her voice was a whispering, instead of a voice through the mind.
"I am unable to leave," she whispered. She started to breath heavely through her nose.
"Why not?" Gaius asked.
"I might... I might hurt some people. Very badly. And I don't want to."
That was the only thing she said that day. And Gaius was affraid something very terrible would happen to her, if he didn't do something. With the special day of the prince and princess coming ahead... He knew he had to take action. So that was his reason of going to the king after dinner, and to explain his thoughts.
"My lord, I am affraid we might have some trouble with the young Lucy," he said. When Arthur asked him to explain himself, he told him everything. About the power running through her vains, and what would happen if she did not let these powers out. They could burst out, and that would make everything far more complicated.
"I... I think it is best if I talk with her myself at first, Gaius," Arthur said. "I want to get a hold on the situation. Besides that..."
He sighed.
"Yggraine is the first Pendragon with magic. She will need a teacher. And if anyone should be that... It should be Merlin."
"Of course, my lord."

The following day, Arthur went to Gaius his Chambers, to find Lucy in the same position she had been al these days.
"I heard you have spoken with your mouth yesterday," Arthur said to her. "You are doing better every single day."
As usual... No response.
"Gaius also told me something else," he continued. "You are affraid. Your new Powers are running through your body like a wild horse locked away, and you are scared to Hurt people. Believe me when I say I understand you completely."
His hand went in her direction, only to touch her arm.
"DON'T TOUCH ME!!!"
A Lightning bold in Arthur's direction. Lucy jumped away, to be as far from him as possible. A shield spell from Gaius protected the young king.
"Do you see what I mean, Arthur?"
"You were right, Gaius," Arthur said. "So, please tell me you have a plan."