thirty two

It had been for days now.
For days, he had posted his army outside the walls of Camelot, on the walls, and all around. According to the great dragon, it could be any minute right now.
He had taken as many of the civilians from out of the city within the castle walls as possible. You never knew what would really happen.
His wife was still in bed with
pre-contractions, something she really hated.
"I am totally useless in here!" she had complained. He had known it was wise not to go in discussion with her.
Guinevere never wanted to be useless. She always wanted to do something.
"You know it is not safe for you," he had responded. He had left her under care from a midwife out of town, and amongst protection of Elyan, the only one he could be absolutely sure of, that he would protect her with his own life. They were Brother and sister after all, and if she went in labour during battle, she would feel more comfortable with him around.
It did hurt he would probably not be there to comfort her -he would have been kicked out of the room anyway because he couldn't stand seeing her in pain- but he had no other choice. He had a kingdom to protect.
"My lord, are you sure that-"
With a simple sign of Arthur, the knight hold his mouth shut.
"Ever heard of coincedence, sir William?" Arthur asked. "The enemy waits until the moment we aren't paying attention anymore. That is the moment they attack. And we won't be prepared."
"Since when did you get the dragons this far to fight at our side, Sire?" Someone else asked from the group of Knights he had gathered around him.
"Reasons, sir Leopold. Reasons. The dragons are angry, because creatures related to them have betrayed them, and also because our courtsorcerer advised them to join us into battle."
Mumbling amongst the Knights. Since when did they have a court sorcerer?
Arthur had been speaking about ons and one man alone of course. Merlin. His friend had done so much for him and Camelot, with never taking credit for it. Being courtsorcerer... It was something he deserved.
"Within hours, when the Evening comes, that will be the most likely time for them to attack."
"How many troups does Morgana have?" someone else asked.
"Thousands. More then we do. She has creatures who fight in her name. Soldiers who fight for her cause. Evil sorcerers who share her thoughts. But the Knights of Camelot are not alone in this battle. Like I have mentioned before, the dragons will fight on our side, just like our sorcerers, druids, and the keeper of the unicorns."
"But we will still be out numbered," someone said.
"Maybe. But we are more powerfull."

Arthur sat down at one of the chairs in his tent, and sighed.
The group of Knights had just left his tent, to spread the words he had told them.
On moments like this, he really missed Merlin. His idiotic comments... They would really cheer him up right now.
"My lord."
A knight came into the tent.
"Queen Annis has send troups to help us."
"Wait... She what?"
At the same moment, queen Annis herselve came in.
"Morgana Ruling Camelot? That would be bad news for my Kingdom. And good allies are hard to find."